PDA

View Full Version : The SCCoA Garage is OPEN!

Pat DiPersia
10-03-2009, 12:31 PM
The SCCoA Garage is OPEN!

We appreciate your patience - this has been a long time coming!

This thread is going to be a running FAQ for using the garage. The garage is viewable by all registered users of the SCCoA; however, to add your car to the garage, you must be a dues paying member.

Please feel free to ask questions about how the garage works in this thread. We'll work to compile the most common questions and answers into this top-level post, and may cleanup the thread as time goes on. Please try to keep this thread to questions so it doesn't get too filled up over time with discussions.

Here's a few FAQs to get you started -

Q) How do I add my car to the garage?
A) First, you must be a dues paying member to have a garage for your cars. To become a member, please visit this page for more information (www.sccoa.com/join.php). Once you're setup as a member, adding your car is simple. When you enter the garage by click on the "Garage" link in the top-most menu of the SCCoA forums, you will see a sub header with various options. The first option is "Add Vehicle." Click this link and enter as much or as little information as you would like.

Q) How do I edit my car(s)?
A) Once you have cars in your garage, under the sub-header where you clicked "Add Vehicle", you'll see an additional header with all of your cars listed. Each car will have a drop-down menu with various options. Under this menu is where you can edit your vehicle, as well as add image, modifications, time slips, etc.

Q) I added a time slip for my vehicle - but it's not showing up. Why not?
A) Time slips and dyno runs are setup to require administrative approval. When entering your time slip and/or dyno information, it is a requirement of approval to add a photo of your time slip or dyno chart.

Q) How do I add modifications to my car?
A) The garage has a sophisticated system for modifications. Once your car is added to the garage, you need to click the car in the sub-header where your cars are located. You will see the option to "Add Modification." As we are just starting to use this system, the manufacturer and product list are going to be scarce. Please help us populate them by clicking on the "Not Listed?" link in the respective areas and add as much information as possible. These fields are also setup for administrative approval, so you will not immediately see your information entered.

Q) How often are approvals handled?
A) We try to keep up with the approvals as frequently as possible. Some days, we can turn approvals around within 24 hours. Other times, it will be a few days. Please be patient - we're making the site better for our members by doing this! We have already resolved a number of duplications in the lists, as well as spelling mistakes, etc. But this takes time. We appreciate your patience.

92sclikenew
10-03-2009, 06:16 PM
are we only allow to add tbird sc, and other thunderbirds?

:D

92sclikenew
10-03-2009, 06:20 PM

ignore my post i didnt add my car yet but once i did i realized its only tbirds and cougars

RedSC93
10-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Once my membership goes though, I will add some photos. :) Good addition to the site.

micahd
10-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Excellent! Now I can get the camera out! :D

artic94sc
10-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Woot Woot let the tbirds flowwww..... lets see them guys

90blkbrd
10-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Can the "owner" be added to top time slips?

kenewagner
10-20-2009, 08:16 AM
I add the car and than wanted to add a mod. I decided to show the whipple install. Under mod it shows 3 required fields that I can see. I clicked on whipple and up popped 2.3 supercharger in that required field. I clicked on engine, another required field. Add 5 pictures and clicked on add mod. It comes up with not all required fields filled out. Go back to the previous page and the 2.3l supercharger has disappeared out of the required field for product. I have tried 3 times same results. What is the answer to this problem?

Ken

Pat DiPersia
10-20-2009, 08:28 AM
Not sure what's up there. Try adding the mod, then come back and add pictures. See if that helps.

kenewagner
10-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Not sure what's up there. Try adding the mod, then come back and add pictures. See if that helps.

Tried that without the pictures same results. The 2.3L supercharger disappears from the required field and it wont post

Ken

Pat DiPersia
10-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Not sure - I was able to add it to my car with no problem. Can you send a screenshot of what's going on?

kenewagner
10-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Not sure - I was able to add it to my car with no problem. Can you send a screenshot of what's going on?

Dont know how to do a screenshot. I will try a diffrent mod

Ken

kenewagner
10-20-2009, 01:59 PM

Got it done. Have a lot more to post
Ken

kenewagner
10-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Q) How do I add modifications to my car?
A) ." As we are just starting to use this system, the manufacturer and product list are going to be scarce. Please help us populate them by clicking on the "Not Listed?" link in the respective areas and add as much information as possible. These fields are also setup for administrative approval, so you will not immediately see your information entered.

I am disappointed in how quickly products are being approved. There are many manufacturer in that list that have no products. I have put in half a dozen products to some of those manufacturers and nothing has been added. It has been over a week, what gives:confused: The products I put in there at first when I put my car in were approved by the next day

Ken

Pat DiPersia
10-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeh, sorry Ken - some of us do have activities going on outside of the SCCoA. Like vacation, with family, the past few days. I do apologize for not getting your items approved since Tuesday, when I last approved everything in the garage, with the exception of one or two items I was waiting for clarification on.

Judging by my responses in this post to you when you were having issues, it appeared I was really trying to help you out. My replies were, on average, about 10 minutes after your posts.

Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience I have caused you. I am off to handle my duties now and will be sure to be as responsive as possible in the future.

kenewagner
10-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Yeh, sorry Ken - some of us do have activities going on outside of the SCCoA. Like vacation, with family, the past few days. I do apologize for not getting your items approved since Tuesday, when I last approved everything in the garage, with the exception of one or two items I was waiting for clarification on.

Judging by my responses in this post to you when you were having issues, it appeared I was really trying to help you out. My replies were, on average, about 10 minutes after your posts.

Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience I have caused you. I am off to handle my duties now and will be sure to be as responsive as possible in the future.

Thanks for the reply and the help. Overall you guys all do a good job putting up with impatient people;)

Ken

Kurt K
11-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Should Installation rating really be installation difficulty? I can't figure out if 1 is good or bad.

Thoughts?

Pat DiPersia
11-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Good question. I guess it's whatever we make it. . .

XR7 Dave
11-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Nevermind, can't read.:rolleyes:

Toms-SC
11-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Nevermind, can't read.:rolleyes:

You and me both.

Toms-SC
11-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Added a storm of stuff for approval.

It is slow but a great system. Having all those documents with prices will make getting a car appraised a breeze.

I think I'm going to hit my 50 image limit quickly.

XR7 Dave
11-22-2009, 10:32 PM
I've noticed that the front page of the garage is full of "top rated cars" - most money spent, highest rating, etc., but to me it seems like showing the top 4-5 but then not allowing us to see who's in #6-10 etc. is a little frustrating. What's the point of rating people's cars if you can't see where the ratings fall?

Is it possible to change the "browse" options so that we could browse by rating, or money spent, or something like that? Currently it lets us browse by "trim" and "color". Seriously, who would want to browse by trim or even by year? So it's just a suggestion, maybe we could add some fields to the "browse by" drop down menu that would at least make browsing fun. :D

Money spent,
most modifications
rating,
views
most comments
most images

something to make it interesting.

Toms-SC
11-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Oh oh! A way to comment on specific images. I have a fair amount of pictures doing side by side comparisons that would need to be explained.

XR7 Dave
11-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Hey is there any way to arrange the pictures? How are they arranged now, by name? I have vehicle pictures all mixed up with modification pictures and time slips. Looks messy. It would be nice if the vehicle pictures could be at the top and then time slips be at the bottom or something like that. Just wondering.

Pat DiPersia
11-24-2009, 10:47 AM
I'll submit this stuff to the developer. Unfortunately, what you see is what you get at this point. I know a new version is coming out, but no idea on the specifics yet.

kenewagner
11-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Have you fixed the glitch that doesnt post parts to the manufacturer??

Ken

Pat DiPersia
11-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Have you fixed the glitch that doesnt post parts to the manufacturer??

Ken

No - until we can replicate this problem on demand, the developer can't find any bugs. Since we have a large population of businesses and products in the garage already, it's a very isolated incident for a few users and we're just going to have to work through it.

Pat DiPersia
11-24-2009, 11:28 AM
The Garage developer has informed me that in the next enhancement release, we will be able to caption photos, timeslips, etc.

kenewagner
11-24-2009, 12:04 PM
No - until we can replicate this problem on demand, the developer can't find any bugs. Since we have a large population of businesses and products in the garage already, it's a very isolated incident for a few users and we're just going to have to work through it.

Well I count 28 manufacturers with no parts. Granted that some might be in process of having parts approved but the majority of these manufactures have been on there for week or longer. I have posted multiple times to manufactures, diffrent parts and nothing gets approved. I dont thing it is just a occasional glitch.

Ken

rlittlep
04-27-2010, 02:06 AM

HEY! WE are members finally!!!

mellbutler
05-06-2010, 07:18 PM
how long before I have access to members only area.

Melissa

paid through paypal

Pat DiPersia
05-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Please see this thread for membership information.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113766

Rezid
06-07-2011, 06:03 PM
just joined and have paid and tried to add my car, but its not allowing me to. it says error. You have reached the maximum amount of vehicles allowed. but i have not added any...????

My92SC
07-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Looking not too bad

David Neibert
07-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Ryan the car looks great !

Black SCs really do look nice when cleaned up.

David

kenewagner
07-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Ryan the car looks great !

Black SCs really do look nice when cleaned up.

David

White one do too:D Buy some Nattys White diamond sealer and wax and the car will blind you when in the sun:D

Ken

scskydivin
07-31-2012, 10:59 PM
White one do too:D Buy some Nattys White diamond sealer and wax and the car will blind you when in the sun:D

Ken

Really....? :rolleyes: I may hafta try that stuff out.

SCDan35thANV
06-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Having issues posting my new car. I made sure pictures are the right pixle and file size and the only thing I left blank was the url. Keep getting need valid ID.

Thanks

David Neibert
06-20-2013, 01:24 PM

Ken

Ken,

Where do you get this stuff ?

David

SCDan35thANV
06-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Ken,

Where do you get this stuff ?

David

http://www.poorboysworld.com/

WES92SC
07-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Having issues posting my new car. I made sure pictures are the right pixle and file size and the only thing I left blank was the url. Keep getting need valid ID.

Thanks

I tried doing this today and got the same thing - what is a valid ID- I paid my membership- what else is there?

SCDan35thANV
07-09-2013, 05:22 PM
No idea what caused it I tried again later that day and it work no idea what the deal was

WES92SC
07-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Error
The id is missing. This page requires a valid id to pull up the correct information.

alright folks- what does one have to do to upload info to the garage?

I've tried it 3 times and I'm to the point that this might be a useless endeavor and not worth my time, so admins- care to help???

Pat DiPersia
07-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Try it again. . .

jjklongisland
08-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Try it again. . .

I am having the same problem. Cant start a garage. Any thoughts?

Pat DiPersia
08-07-2013, 09:28 AM
So I haven't heard from support yet, but I did speak with another problem garage'er here and told him to create the garage with only the required fields (Name, year, make, model, no photos) and see if that worked - which it did. Try that and let me know.

If it does work, see if you can go in and add more info after the fact.

Pat DiPersia
08-13-2013, 10:07 AM
So it appears posting just the minimal amount of info, and then going back and filling in the rest later works.

However, we're still trying to debug this, and I can't replicate it using test users. If someone has this problem again, please reach out to me before you try this work-around? Thanks.

jjklongisland
08-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Also, why do added manufacturers need to be approved by admin. Very difficult to add items that are not part of the drop down. I was frustrated so I stopped adding mods. There should be a way to bypass the drop down unless I am missing something...

Pat DiPersia
08-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Most of the "approvals" in the garage were originally setup because, well, no one paid attention to what was already there. We were finding three and four copies of the same vendors, manufacturers, tracks, etc. We had the approvals turned on from day 1, and I hate to say, but I feel it was a good move - otherwise, the place would have been a mess from what I can say I was cleaning up.

If we want to revisit the decision, we certainly can. But that's the reasoning.

Good bad or indifferent, the garage may go away. While I hope it does not, the garage is not supported by the latest version of vBulletin. We're on version 3, and version 5 is out. Our concern is that version 3 will not be supported much longer and if we have issues, we'll be stuck.

I've spoken with the developer of the garage and he said he has no plans to re-write it for version 5. So we may be looking for a new garage if and when we upgrade vBulletin (Which is the least of our worries - there's also no way to migrate all of the look and feel of the forums to the new version.) We won't lose any data, but it will almost be like we're starting from scratch in terms of the look and feel.

More info to follow when the time comes.

David Neibert
08-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Also, why do added manufacturers need to be approved by admin. Very difficult to add items that are not part of the drop down. I was frustrated so I stopped adding mods. There should be a way to bypass the drop down unless I am missing something...

I usually check the Garage for stuff that is holding for approval every couple of days, but sometimes I just forget about it. Unfortunately the Vbulletin software does not send me a notification email when people add stuff.

Everything is updated now.

Thanks, David

jjklongisland
08-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks guys, I am not trying to hate on anybody modding the Garage, I am sure certain things can be a real pain and I have never modded a board so I dont know first hand. I am just in awe by some of your garage list of mods and after trying to just add wheels and tires I was like, no way am I going to have that much patience... lol

Maybe if a new garage format is in the forums future it will be more user friendly... thanks for the explanation fellas...

David Neibert
08-13-2013, 03:31 PM
Thanks guys, I am not trying to hate on anybody modding the Garage, I am sure certain things can be a real pain and I have never modded a board so I dont know first hand. I am just in awe by some of your garage list of mods and after trying to just add wheels and tires I was like, no way am I going to have that much patience... lol

Maybe if a new garage format is in the forums future it will be more user friendly... thanks for the explanation fellas...

Or you can just do like I did mine and list whatever you want in the description and skip all that manufacturer, and part name stuff.

David

Kurt K
08-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Or you can just do like I did mine and list whatever you want in the description and skip all that manufacturer, and part name stuff.

DavidYou mean the lazy way:rolleyes::p

Actually, I like being able to add pictures to a specific mod and having everything in the description eliminates the ability to do that.

jjklongisland
08-13-2013, 03:57 PM

David

I tried that but it says required fields are missing and wont post...

Kurt K
08-13-2013, 04:15 PM
I tried that but it says required fields are missing and wont post...David means in the description of the car, not the individual mod. So you have to make a list in your car's description.

David Neibert
08-13-2013, 07:58 PM
You mean the lazy way:rolleyes::p

Yes..but I prefer to think of it as the unrestricted do it how I want way.

David

MassSC
01-02-2014, 05:21 PM
I've tried numerous times to add my vehicles to the garage and continue to get the error message that an ID is required. Can someone direct me to where the ID needs to be entered?

David Neibert
01-08-2014, 04:10 PM
I've tried numerous times to add my vehicles to the garage and continue to get the error message that an ID is required. Can someone direct me to where the ID needs to be entered?

I noticed you now have two garage pages, so can I assume this problem was resolved ?

David

jjklongisland
01-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Dave, how do I get a "Member Page" under my name like everyone else :(

MassSC
01-08-2014, 06:07 PM

JJ, I finally found it. Top left corner click on User CP, then click on Edit Signature. There you can add pretty much what you want. For the garage link I just copied and pasted the URL form the browser. Remember to size your pictures appropriately. I hope this helps!

David Neibert
01-08-2014, 06:35 PM

You can't....The Member Pages were something the previous webmaster used to create for members a long time ago. It is no longer supported or maintained, and was replaced by the Garage software several years ago. Eventually we will delete the Member Pages, and that will most likely happen when we upgrade to the latest version of Vbulletien software sometime this year.

David

jjklongisland
01-08-2014, 08:05 PM
You can't....The Member Pages were something the previous webmaster used to create for members a long time ago. It is no longer supported or maintained, and was replaced by the Garage software several years ago. Eventually we will delete the Member Pages, and that will most likely happen when we upgrade to the latest version of Vbulletien software sometime this year.

David

oh ok, I thought I wasnt part the "in" crowd yet :D

David Neibert
02-05-2014, 05:10 PM
oh ok, I thought I wasnt part the "in" crowd yet :D

Nope...you're up to speed with everyone else. If you look around now, you won't find the "member page" link beneath anybody's user name.

David

Jacob_Royer
02-25-2014, 08:37 PM
Ok are we no longer able to add modifications to our cars in the garage or am i being technologicly challenged?

Pat DiPersia
02-26-2014, 02:12 PM
I've not messed with this aspect of the garage, but it's handicapped currently. When we upgraded our forum software, the version of the garage we had was incompatible. When we upgraded, we lost a bunch of functionality with the garage.

Further, the developer disappeared into thin area from the time I spoke to him about the upgrade and the actual upgrade (About 3-4 months.) The rumor is he had PC issues and will be back, but I don't buy it. Another rumor is he's working for a new company that doesn't allow it's employees to have side projects.

If there's no resolution, we're stuck as there are no other garage type applications I've (yet) found on the Internet. I'd prefer not to change as it works well and everyone has a bunch of data in there that we probably won't be able to (easily) convert to a new system.

RDSC
03-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Says error, that I have too many vehicles listed or as much as possible?? Help maybee??

David Neibert
03-17-2015, 09:12 AM
Says error, that I have too many vehicles listed or as much as possible?? Help maybee??

You can't add a vehicle unless you are a dues paying SCCoA Member. See this thread for info on how to become a member for $15 a year and a list of the other member benefits.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?120821-Membership-is-now-OPEN!&p=946358#post946358

Thanks, David

bigbee
05-14-2016, 01:32 AM
HEY I'm a first time poster on this site. just feeling things out on my 35th anny manual trans 83000 miles that i,m thinking of selling this summer after a few repairs. runs like a beast. Not to bad of shape either.