Need advice to take out stuck tie rod end.

AutobotGears

I am in the process of replacing both outer and inner tie rods on the car, 94 tbird v8.
OK, So the drivers side inner tie rod and outer tie rod came off with not too much difficulty. The passenger side inner tie rod I loosened up so it is ready to come off, but the outer one won't come off.

I can take the nut off, but I can't get the tie rod out of the hole. I put a piece of wood on the tie rod and hammered the hell out of it...nothing. I bought a 2 jaw puller, but it slips off as it gets really tight. I removed the brake caliperand the disc to get more room.

I have tried wd40, vise grips, clamps, a jaw puller, hammer, the wheel wrench trying to lever it off but NOTHING!!!

I put a lot of wd40 on it and I am going to try tomorrow, but anyone have any ideas?

Should I just finish up the drivers side and bring it to the shop for the passenger side?

Thank you
Trevor

The only other thing I can think of is to put the wheels back on and lower the car, and then turn the steering wheel back and forth.

i would beat the side of the spindle were the tie rod go's into it. you need to get it to shock the hole to get it out

Smack the portion of the spindle that the tie rod end goes through with a BFH. They pop right out. I doesn't make sense but it works.
Alan

I did it!!! I used a BFH and it popped off after about 100 hard hits. Everything is back together and now time for an alignment.
Trevor

Back