clacking when I put on the bracks

JDC

I have a 1990 SC it sat for about 2 months. Now when I come to a stop the brakes clatter like if maybe the brake pads are banging on something. I was thinking maybe I could put that brake goo on the pads to make it stop? Is this the way to solve this problem? Thanks JDC

RE: Brake Clatter

It might be the caliper is not moving properly resulting in clearance.

I had a problem similar as this on 92 and I took the calipers off and compressed the pistons back in and then reninstalled the calipers.

It went away.

While you are at it, you can put the blue goo on back side of the pads if you like.

Rob

brake clatter

sorry on the spelling (brack) I'm not a good speller at all.Anyway thanks for the come back. Will I need to do anything to the ABS system?

ABS, not unless there is an error code.

sorry on the spelling (brack) I'm not a good speller at all.Anyway thanks for the come back. Will I need to do anything to the ABS system?

My understanding is there are proprietary codes for Ford's ABS system that are outside of OBD I codes. If there are no codes and the brake peddle is only vibrating on wheel lockup, then the ABS should be okay and not causing the problem.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Back