PDA

View Full Version : to everyone who cares.. i got the car. check it out.

jtwestify
10-04-2009, 11:11 PM
so i got the car.. paid 1100 for it, well, test drove it. noticed battery light was on.. well, replaced the alternator right then n there. good to go. drivin it home.. breaks down.. okay.. dead battery.... well, finaly get it home TODAY. this was all goin on yesterday, get it home, start checkin it out.. alt is working well, batterly is not gettin charged though.. replaced a fuse. good to go now!! lol. started off crapy. but was a 5 dollar fuse, and at the time, the saler didnt know what was goin on.. so he offered me 400 cash back, and keep the car... so i said okay."at first i said i wanted my money back" and at the time i didnt know it was a fuse either, so. i really got the car for 700 bucks,... so yea. what a deal... its all stock.. well maintained.. have all service records since like 1998, heres some pics..

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=494977237&albumId=744749

Ddubb
10-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Sounds like you got a great deal. Seeing as how tempermental these cars can be over very small things .. are you sure you still want to start messing with it ?? :D

- Dan

jtwestify
10-05-2009, 11:02 PM
yea its good to go now.. juz installing a cd player as of now, I love these cars... they do have alot of things to go wrong, and expensive to work on, but, I do work at a Dealersihp as a service tech, so i can always work on it there... lol

bgck7
10-06-2009, 12:30 AM
95 would be my choice of SC model and you got a great looking one and a great price!!!!!

regards,
ramon

townbird89
10-13-2009, 01:51 AM
can someone help me work on mine?

Ddubb
10-13-2009, 01:38 PM
can someone help me work on mine?

What kind of work you looking for ???

- Dan

townbird89
10-15-2009, 01:38 AM
well my slave cylinder just went out on me and i plan to change that and the clutch at the same time, but just looking to find people that have sc in the bay area that love they car as much as i do.

Ddubb
10-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Whats wrong with it ? Does it leak brake fluid inside the car ? I had just replaced my Master not too long ago, wasnt too big of a job .. just bleeding the clutch line can be a ~~~~.

- Dan

jtwestify
10-17-2009, 01:33 AM
Whats wrong with it ? Does it leak brake fluid inside the car ? I had just replaced my Master not too long ago, wasnt too big of a job .. just bleeding the clutch line can be a ~~~~.

- Dan

ahh.. thought u where respondin to me...

Ddubb
10-17-2009, 03:29 AM
ahh.. thought u where respondin to me...

What else is wrong with your car ?? I read somewhere else .. something to do with the alternator or fuse link and an issue with the heater ???

- Dan

jtwestify
10-17-2009, 05:27 PM
What else is wrong with your car ?? I read somewhere else .. something to do with the alternator or fuse link and an issue with the heater ???

- Dan

replaced the Mega fuse.. 5 bucks.. and im currently tryin to locate a fuse for the heater.. says "taped to wireing harness under dash" well... cant find it!!! I have power at the switch for the heater... but no power at the heater fan... tryin to figure it out

Ddubb
10-18-2009, 12:58 PM
replaced the Mega fuse.. 5 bucks.. and im currently tryin to locate a fuse for the heater.. says "taped to wireing harness under dash" well... cant find it!!! I have power at the switch for the heater... but no power at the heater fan... tryin to figure it out

If you have power at the switch for the heater supply, your fuse should be okay. There is a 30 amp fuse in-line, Brown / Orange wire that comes from the Ignition switch .. The other wire to the Blower motor is the Dark blue / Light green wire .. does this one have power also? The fuse goes between the ignition switch and climate control switch - not between the switch and the blower motor.

- Dan

jtwestify
10-19-2009, 01:26 AM
If you have power at the switch for the heater supply, your fuse should be okay. There is a 30 amp fuse in-line, Brown / Orange wire that comes from the Ignition switch .. The other wire to the Blower motor is the Dark blue / Light green wire .. does this one have power also? The fuse goes between the ignition switch and climate control switch - not between the switch and the blower motor.

- Dan

not sure if that one has power.. havent checked yet, but. if it does or doesnt... what does it mean?

Ddubb
10-19-2009, 12:53 PM
If you have power at the switch, more than likely the problem lies with the Blower motor itself is burnt up, or the grounding system is bad - the grounds for the blower motor has two parts, one is a series of resistors for the different speeds and the other is to a selector switch for the speeds. An EVTM really comes in handy trying to diagnose electrical issues like these.

- Dan