Accel Coil and Plug Gap

Hock

Okay, I know that when you put a higher voltage coil in a N/A car that you should open the spark plug gap to take advantage of the extra power the coil is putting out. Does this same practice apply with forced air cars? I'm planning on buying an Accel coil before I put my SC back on the road from some upgrades/maintenance that I am doing so I need to know so I can gap the plugs properly before I put them in and while their easy to get to.

I posted this before I went to work, so I didn't have time to do a search cause I was working on my SC before that.

This is what I figured out. It'll help to get a better coil, it can smooth out the idle, smooth out the acceleration, and provide better fuel economy. Gap isn't such a big issue, Autolite 103's are a gift from God:D, and I should be able to open the gap from .035 to about .040.

So I think it is a worthy investment and will be the last thing on my list of parts to buy so I can try to wrap this thing up in the next 2 week and try to get some fun time out of her before winter comes.

I'd start with factory GAP and see if it works out..Then if you need to reduce gap. Dont go higher then stock

Back