Trans fluid accident

Evan_90SC

Ok, so i thought i'd post this up here to get some opinions for re-assurance purposes :rolleyes:... Here's what happened:

I installed a tranny cooler 2 weeks ago, and everything was fine, until saturday night/sunday morning... It was around 2am and i was driving to a friends house when i basically lost all gears in my tranny. It would hook up every once and awhile, so at least i was able to limp it to his house. I only drove it about 2 miles like this. I parked it for the night and checked it out the next morning and it turned out to be a split in one of the lines. I guess the lines i bought were too soft. I fixed that all up and added fluid back in... i lost about 4 quarts worth... Now, all seems to be fine, no slipping in the gears and they shift well under accel.

So... my question is... Could it have done any major internal damage? I know it seems fine right now so i don't think it did... But could it have done any damage that i might run into later? Running 4 quarts low on fluid obviously wasn't good because it caused me to lose gears... What do you guys think?

Ok, so i thought i'd post this up here to get some opinions for re-assurance purposes :rolleyes:... Here's what happened:

I installed a tranny cooler 2 weeks ago, and everything was fine, until saturday night/sunday morning... It was around 2am and i was driving to a friends house when i basically lost all gears in my tranny. It would hook up every once and awhile, so at least i was able to limp it to his house. I only drove it about 2 miles like this. I parked it for the night and checked it out the next morning and it turned out to be a split in one of the lines. I guess the lines i bought were too soft. I fixed that all up and added fluid back in... i lost about 4 quarts worth... Now, all seems to be fine, no slipping in the gears and they shift well under accel.

So... my question is... Could it have done any major internal damage? I know it seems fine right now so i don't think it did... But could it have done any damage that i might run into later? Running 4 quarts low on fluid obviously wasn't good because it caused me to lose gears... What do you guys think?

only thing i would say is it could have lost some life but if it dont whine or make any strange sounds i would say your lucky:D

Back