random bogging of the car on warm starts

Scott-Atah

basically if the car is driven semi hard, then shut off to run inside somewhere and come back out...it'll start....but the rpm's are kinda all over hte place dropping to 400 and really bogging...revving it a few times doesn't help at all, sometimes while shiftin into d it'll just die. But if i can get it into gear and drive for like a second over 1500rpm it'll be fine.

Second question (not related to above)

lately more on colder starts.....the car seems to almost hicup while driving....feels as if someone is tapping the break ever so slightly, no one else has ever noticed it in my car...just me...rpms don't change...it'll do it a buncha times somewhat intermittently...then after like a solid 2 minutes of driving, it's fine.

any educated guess's at what either of these problems are appreciated....or if anyones encountered either of these before and have some input, that'd be appreciated.

alright...thats partially what i was thinking...spark plugs...but what do i know

edit:
ok thinkin more about that now...i did change half the spark plugs a while back...i have no tools at home...so i did what i could by hand...(one spark plug wire was basically shot completely) i managed to get the 3 drivers side wires changed...never did the passenger side...i'll have to take it somewhere and have that done this friday maybe.

but....wires shouldn't cause this sorta problem....seems to never happen at all when the car is totally cold.

as well plugs should be new as of not too long ago, as i had a full engine rebuild, and if not they were replaced probably a year before that.

then again...i know when the headgaskets went he changed the plugs at that time as well (the time before the engine rebuild) and i saw he only used single platinum plugs....not double platinum - i didn't know any differnt at the time. Would that make a diff? is there any way to test this all?

Last edited:
Mind if I jump in???

I would guess that you got something else going on man...Cuz if the car runs "Fine" after warm up I would have to rule out plug or wires either one...

Although plugs and wires being accountable for alot of scenarios.

You get a Check eng. light?

Try running any codes yet?

I seem to have more questions than answers, sorry for that....But make sure you are not missing anything in your scenario bro...I will be watching for the solution to this thread....

Cheers & Much Luck

Back