Thunderbird/Cobra Differential Cover

Nettlesd

Anyone know the differences? I take it a Cobra cover will not bolt on.

Take a look at this bad boy.

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

$440.00

Looks cool. I still think the LPW design is the most cost effective and a nice cover. The girdle support is the big thing that makes it so much better. That one however looks like it has a cooling system hookup on it.
Alan

I've been using "Cobra" covers for years, so if it's the same dimensions, it'll fit.

+1 for the LPW covers though, that's what I use now.

I've been using "Cobra" covers for years, so if it's the same dimensions, it'll fit.

So a Cobra differential cover is a direct bolt on for a Thunderbird cover? If so, yes, this Fore cover would be a bolt on affair.

I can't comment on this particular piece but I know that the Control Freak cover I have WILL NOT fit a Cobra, nor will the stock T-bird piece. You'll be able to bolt a Cobra cover to the diff housing, but bolting the Cobra cover to the T-bird rear mount shouldn't work.

The early Control Freak covers won't fit Cobras because there isn't sufficient clearance for the rear mount, which is unique to the Cobra.

They modified the design to overcome that problem. The LPW cover will absolutely fit both the Thunderbirds and Cobras.

Last edited:
I can't comment on this particular piece but I know that the Control Freak cover I have WILL NOT fit a Cobra, nor will the stock T-bird piece. You'll be able to bolt a Cobra cover to the diff housing, but bolting the Cobra cover to the T-bird rear mount shouldn't work.

I've run stock Cobra covers in my SC for years, they will absolutely work.

Here's a pic of a diff I sold recently, that I pulled from my SC, with a Cobra cover.

Last edited:
Back