fuel injectors

what fuel injector's can i use in my sc? I mean what other ford car's injector's can we use? I want anything from a 42 to a 60 pound depending on price for set i have got the stock 30's pretty mutch maxed out.

Ford brand 42's can be found in lightnings. I think Tim groth actually has some for sale. Look him up. 50's and 60's can also be used. No one here has completely maxed out 60's yet.

What have u done to your sc ?

i went form 42lb-50lb-60lb (now) b4 my car was even running because i keep getting better deals on parts that make the car go faster. so i just keep upping my injectors to keep up..

what you need to do is figure out were you want the car. whats the plan how much do you plan to drive it, how much hp are you thinking? so on.. once you figure that out, you can figure out what injectors to start with:D

dont be like me and switch 3 times just go with the 60lb if you dont need that much injector right now im omost 100% it can be tuned down to work

PS. how do you guys get to quote a post like that?

well the car has been 14.6 at 93 so far.I want low 13's.
Last dyno pull was 235hp and 341 torque.------------->these # where 13 a/f to 14 a/f across the board
With ic fan/cai kit/ported exhaust manifold's/guted cat's with custom y-pipe and catback./76c@l maff untuned/taylor wires/10%pulley on blower/ 38 dgree day i got the said run. sence then it has not been to the track and know have. 75mmtb/ported rebuilt early blower/dalke tune/snow meth kit with 375ml nozzel/raised blower top/
i have a 5% jackshaft pulley to install. I am 13 pound's with just the 10% with the numbers above i was to lean.I had dalke do a retune i lost power but am at 11.34 to 11.17 a/f with 213hp and 314 torque.

Last edited:
right know the a/f ratio is 11.34/11.17 from 2,500 rpm to 4,700rpm
with 12.5 to 13 pounds of boost. Is adding my 5%jackshaft going to make me to lean?

The only way to know if you need injectors is to datalog your car? Did you get a SCT chip or quarter horse? But I believe you are close to needing bigger ones. Thomas A just ran low 13's on 36's on Sunday.

Check out his member page:
http://www.sccoa.com/member/index.php?uniquename=aden2

I wouldn't recommend going to 15% total OD on a early style SC, your inlet temps will be to high and probably hurt your 1/4 times, which could be your case right now at 10%. What are you running for a intercooler? Does it have a fan?

Just be forewarned with 60's your going to foul up your plugs more often then 42's or 50's. (IMO) So get what you think you'll need. There will always be someone willing to buy your old ones when you need to upgrade.

Last edited:
agreed on the 15% od. stick with 10%.

i've been told 50's are good for anything as long as you stick with an m90.;)

Well Dave told me that about 1.5 yrs ago. I guess as these blowers get better our statistics keeps changing.

My bad again. Just goin off what I been told.

I got 42s, and thats not big enough for what is currently being done to the car now. Figure out how far you want to go and get the injectors for your goals so you only have to buy 1 set.

well i want low 13's but don't know how mutch hp it takes to get that consistanly. I Drive thecar only in the summer and when it's nice out in the fall. 6,000 miles a year. I do take alot of short road trips. at least 5 a year.
I would like to beat the average musturd and a certin cougar most of the time.:D

soo is there any other injectors that one might find in a decent junk yard useful for upgrading our fuel systems? What about fuel pumps? I just hate dumping a bunch of money into my bird for things like this its already got 210k on it.

soo is there any other injectors that one might find in a decent junk yard useful for upgrading our fuel systems? What about fuel pumps? I just hate dumping a bunch of money into my bird for things like this its already got 210k on it.

rebuild the motor ;) dalve dalke will help you right out, best guy around i've dealt with that helps me out. just throwing in advice.

Back