PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Madness 10/31

ScrapSC
10-07-2009, 09:51 PM
There will be a street car shootout/grudge racing on Saturday October 31st at Mountain Park Dragway. It is about 25 to 30 minutes from Lexington here in Kentucky. They usually start early in the day and run till 3am or so. Would be good to see some more Thunderbirds represent at this event. There will be plenty of "Mustangs" to run against if you want!!!!

Quik95SC
10-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Anthony,
It looks like I will be able to attend this event. I have a holloween party to go to in Richmond, KY on Saturday evening, but will try and get to the track later that night.

or perhaps after getting some more details, maybe I will come there first and race, then go to the party afterwards, not sure on that one.

I tried to call yesterday, to see when everything kicks off but just got the answering machine, with this weekends event information. May have to try when it is closer to that weekend.

If you can find out before then, exactly when gates open/racing starts etc ; post it here.

Looking forward to running in some nice cool weather, and maybe get e new best time!!

Later,
Smitty

ScrapSC
10-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Looking forward to seeing you again. If anyone else wants to check the track out their website is www.mpdragway.com Hope to see some more Thunderbirds at this!

Kurt K
10-08-2009, 12:39 PM
The kids are still too young to miss Halloween with the family, so I won't be able to make it.

DrFishbone
10-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Man, I sure would like to go, but the Shootout put us out for awhile (as far as money goes).

We'll see a little closer to time. :)

SCrazy
10-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Looking forward to seeing you again. If anyone else wants to check the track out their website is www.mpdragway.com Hope to see some more Thunderbirds at this!

That sounds like a lot of fun...wish we had stuff like this closer to home.:mad:

ScrapSC
10-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Yeh I can understand the Kids and Halloween thing. There will also be a "KyHorsepower" club date the following weekend Sunday Nov. 8th. Track opens at 8am and there are classes just like the shootout. Cost 40 bucks to make as many passes as you want until 7pm.

rzimmerl
10-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Your gonna have to count me out again this year. Something happened on the way home from the shootout, #6 keeps fouling plugs and my fuel pressure has gone down for some reason. I've either got a bad injector, regulator, or something is wrong in the head or rings.

Quik95SC
10-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Well it looks like the car is not going to cooperate for this event or for the rest of the year for that matter!

Driving down the interstate on Sunday, running about 70 MPH, the car hiccupped a little and started to make a horrible sound. Like marbles down in the intake. Shut it down and pulled off. Tried to start it again so I could listen closer and it sounds so horrible. Certainly going to be rod or main bearings that went out, but won't know for sure until I pull it apart. That however will have to wait till i get to it.

I have several other vehicles that need some maintenance as well, so it will have to sit and wait.

Anyway, sorry to have to cancel, but it doesn't look like I will be making it at the end of the month.

Take care,
Smitty

David Neibert
10-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Anthony,

I'd really like to attend, but we will be up at the Great Lakes Naval base, north of Chicago that weekend for my son's graduation from boot camp.

David

ScrapSC
10-14-2009, 06:08 PM
It is kind of bad timing that this event comes the last of October. Maybe one of these upcoming years we can get together for this. They do have this kind of event 3 or 4 times a year and I will post it up when the next season rolls around. Would be good to meet up again and get some more
representation of the MN12's....