Will this combo get me 270rwhp?

blksc

Im working on boosting (pun intended) the power of my 95SC and wanted to know if this parts list would work well together and what power i might expect:

95SC w/ 5Spd <-- Yes!
S-Port Blower with 5% OD Pulley
MP Inlet
Stock injectors <----- Do i need to go bigger?
SCP high flow down tubes with cats
Double IC w/Fan

Thanks !

Im working on boosting (pun intended) the power of my 95SC and wanted to know if this parts list would work well together and what power i might expect:

95SC w/ 5Spd <-- Yes!
S-Port Blower with 5% OD Pulley
MP Inlet
Stock injectors <----- Do i need to go bigger?
SCP high flow down tubes with cats
Double IC w/Fan

Thanks !
replacing the resonator is more important than downtubes and cats. Just add resonator you your list. The rest of the exhaust would support your goals.

replacing the resonator is more important than downtubes and cats. Just add resonator you your list. The rest of the exhaust would support your goals.

i agree with Mike here about the exhaust.

adding a bigger maf and tb will make it easier to get to that hp goal, but isnt necessary.

36's may be good for it but to just be safe you may want to get 42's. they're pretty cheap on ebay. and i think Tim Groth is selling a set right now.

i dont think you'll need more od than the 5% ad u have a dbl ic w/ fan so thats good.

You'll need 10% OD on that blower, and being an s-port it'll handle it. You have the DBL IC which will support it. Bigger injectors, I'd recommend at least 42's for the warm fuzzy feeling, even though the 36's might get you there.

A tune is a must.

I'm figuring you'd probably get to about 260 with those mods.... 270 might be pushing it.

Fraser

i need to get a dino done, i got more then that done and didnt think i was much more then 250 rwhp.

You'll need 10% OD on that blower, and being an s-port it'll handle it. You have the DBL IC which will support it. Bigger injectors, I'd recommend at least 42's for the warm fuzzy feeling, even though the 36's might get you there.

A tune is a must.

I'm figuring you'd probably get to about 260 with those mods.... 270 might be pushing it.

Fraser

Well with my 5% pulley im really close to 8% over drive on the S-Port blower.. I thought 10% would be a bit too much heat.. Will the double IC keep blower temps down enough to run the 13% overdrive?

thanks for the feedback

Thanks guys. Im adding bigger TB/MAF and injectors to my list. If anyone has a deal on 42lb injectors let me know!

The Ford green top injectors the majority of us use for 42's are now DCEd by Ford. However, they are being blown out at $229 a set at buyfordracing.com

The Ford green top injectors the majority of us use for 42's are now DCEd by Ford. However, they are being blown out at $229 a set at buyfordracing.com

If i get bigger injectors do I have to get an adjustable FPR? I know that I'll need an aftermarket maf with different sampling tube correct?

With all the mods currently listed on my page, i dyno'd around 260rwhp@4300 rpm. Though mine is a 90 auto and yours is a 95 5speed, which may or may not mean anything.

If i get bigger injectors do I have to get an adjustable FPR? I know that I'll need an aftermarket maf with different sampling tube correct?

A tune can be written to compensate for the big injectors on the stock MAF. I have been running 42# injectors on a stock fuel pump and stock FPR for 2 years with no issues, and my car makes ~280rwhp.

No, the Ford ones do not require a FPR. You will need a C&L + Sampling tube, but those are cheep.

As stated a fuel pressure regulator isn't needed. If you get a MAF and sampling tube it can help recalibrate the MAF voltage and fake the EEC out but remember that the EEC doesn't use the MAF on start up so you'll be flooding your car with xx% extra fuel until the EEC starts using the MAF. (Fraser can give you more details on this)

As stated a fuel pressure regulator isn't needed. If you get a MAF and sampling tube it can help recalibrate the MAF voltage and fake the EEC out but remember that the EEC doesn't use the MAF on start up so you'll be flooding your car with xx% extra fuel until the EEC starts using the MAF. (Fraser can give you more details on this)

Okay I understand. Im looking foward to seeing what the combo actually puts down.

Back