KYHorsepower Challenge at Clay City Nov. 8th

ScrapSC

CLAY CITY, MOUNTAIN PARKWAY November 8th

Same rules as we will be doing some modifying on the classes and such.

8:00 gates open

Testing at 9:30

Racing at Noon

Run till 7pm

$40 entrance for racing

$10 Specatator

With the weather not cooperating this past Saturday a few of us will be going to the track on Sunday to take part in this. There should be some pretty fast street cars there and it is usually a great time. So, if you want to come on out let us know!

Good luck Anthony, hope you get that 11 second timeslip.

David

PS: How is Dan's car running with those new heads ?

He hasnt been to the track yet. This will be his first time out with it and it will be with his old tune. Hasnt dialed it in yet with the new heads/cam yet. Those heads certainly looked like they would flow!!!

Yeh, I hope to get that timeslip this time around. Looks to be low 60s and sunny. If they prep the starting line like they did in Indiana and I can get some good 60's it should get the ole 11 sec time slip. Yeh I could kick my own ~~~ for lifting on that run Kurt!!!!!!

Well Dan's transmission decided to take a crap on him on Friday and he didnt get his spare built up and bolted in before Sunday. Lets just say we fought my car all morning and finally made it to the dragstrip around 12:30. The place was packed!!!!! Wall to wall street cars of every make and model. Well I wast he only Thunderbird there... LOL Several Buick GN's/Turbo T's, Turbocharged Z06's, Mustangs and Camaro's... One of the Buicks ran in the 9.80 range!! SICK!!!

Well I went to change tires and broke my adapter. I told Dan before we got out of town that I bet we would regret forgetting the tool box. Hunted all over the pits and didnt find one. Finally took my tires off with a 3/8 drive ratchet. Had to put a charge on the battery and get tech'd in before heading to the staging lanes. Got in the lanes and let the car run to get all the fluids up to temp and then shut it off. Went to start it and it just went "click, click, click"... Fella behind me had a jump box and jumped me so I let the car run while waiting. Finally got the nod to make a pass, did the burn out and the starter stepped in front of me with a mop and told me to back out... Evidentally the car in front of me put something down on the starting line. Had to wait for him to burn it off.. This whole time my car is running because I didnt want to chance the batter not being up to charge. So I look and it is up to 205 temp when I get to make my pass. I ended up with a 12.40 at 109mph.... It was about 77 and by talking to the other fellas in the pits the air was around 3,000 ft for the day.

I was pissed but after thinking about all that went on I could have made another pass and pulled a better time. I didnt feel like waiting another hour or so in the staging lanes and loaded up and headed home. I can only blame myself for not having the car loaded and things ready when the air was better that morning. Besides I had to get home and hang some sheetrock and get it ready for finishing.

Some fella in a Z06 made a comment on how good the "badass T-bird" ran and how someone said "there goes one of those SC's. I thought they where slow turds. He replied "well that one isnt!" They heard the supercharger whine and looked up expecting a Cobra and saw the ole Silver bird..

They are going to have a final midnight run on November 28th and there are several track dates between now and then. So, I will get back out and hopefully get this thing in the 11's with some better planning...

The midnight racing was cut off at 10pm and the track actually shut down at 9:15 since the only cars left just happend to be me a corvette and a couple camaro's.

Car ran pretty good with an early run of 12.34 when I pulled it off the trailer. I then remembered I had my two of my tires and rims in the trunk with a jack.

Yeh that was a laugh!!!

Finally got to make a pass at 7:30 and the car ran a 12.28

I filled the alky up and let it cool for a little bit and and ran a 12.17 with a 1.67 60ft and a bobble going into 2nd.... 7.68 1/8th

I then found out that the belt had come off on the supercharger on that run and had to put another one on while waiting on car to cool down.

Pulled in the tracks of a dragster on the next run and ran a 12.08

Stopped in pits to top off the alky and drop the tire pressure to 16lbs since it spun at 16.5. I was waved in to make my run and did my burn out and was getting ready to pre stage when a truck pulled in to make a ran and they waved him on up. I had to wait till he did his burn out and get all situated. Finally got to go and spun coming out of the hole with a 1.73 60ft and ended up with a 12.04. I tried to hot lap it back around but they closed the lanes and wouldnt let me in. I was a bit pissed...........

The track prep sucked and I was lucky to pull the 60ft time I did on the 1.67. It was the only run I got in some good rubber from a car in front of me and the car shifted slow into 2nd on that run.... Ahh well so close... I also found out that my car weighs 4200 lbs with me in it...

Gettin' there! ;)

A little track prep, a little cooler weather..... :D

Maybe let Sally drive the care...... :eek: :rolleyes:

Ira

Danny has his on the rack trying to sort out his transmission issues. He has some flaky stuff going on with the valve body and will be rebuilding the transmission due to some burnt clutch packs.

He is a bit bummed not being able to make the last race of the year, but he has the winter to build the transmission now.

Your right Dalke! I need to let Matt drive the car since he weighs in around 130 instead of the 300 that I put in seat. That would really help out on the time. I guess that would be ok but I just wouldnt feel as though I had accomplished the "11 second" timeslip even though the car ran it. If you think about it, you put Dalke in there or Matt and it would have been in the 11 second range. My fatt a$$ is what is keeping it out of there!! LOL Also I weighed the car with the passenger seat out and the 18" rims on. So I would have to take off some of that weight due to the other rims being lighter. It would be closer to 4050 with the slicks and skinnies.

Gettin' there! ;)

A little track prep, a little cooler weather..... :D

Maybe let Sally drive the care...... :eek: :rolleyes:

Ira

I did ask her if she wanted to make a run in it and she declined. She doesnt like driving my car for some reason!

Back