PDA

View Full Version : Will I need to recode ??

JDC
10-08-2009, 05:46 PM
I have a 1990 SC that I am working on.How long once I disconnect the battery do I have before I have to recode?JDC

90blkbrd
10-08-2009, 05:58 PM
I have a 1990 SC that I am working on.How long once I disconnect the battery do I have before I have to recode?JDC

? recode? No the EEC will lose it's memory and start from scratch. No need to do anything?

DrFishbone
10-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Yeah, you don't have to do anything after...I don't know 5min or so? When you start it back up and drive it a little, the car will "relearn" everything.

dbd
10-08-2009, 06:32 PM
If you have the keyless entry on your door you will have to put your code back in it. It will still work with the default code that came with the car, but your code will be gone.
And you will need to reset your radio stations.

dbd

JDC
10-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the come back guys tried to find the answer in my repair book but not to clear to me thanks for clearing this up for me, as always ..Thanks again JDC

DrFishbone
10-09-2009, 07:48 AM
If you have the keyless entry on your door you will have to put your code back in it. It will still work with the default code that came with the car, but your code will be gone.

Default code meaning the code on the trunklid sticker? I've never reset the code before, but the one on the trunklid sticker will not be forgotten when unplugging the battery for any length of time. I didn't know you could reprogram the keyless entry....