thoughts on exhaust

brandywine11297

here is a few pics of my exhaust. its 2.5" with catco high flow cats and 50 series flowmaster muffler. sounds good to me with very little drone.
just wondering what ya'll think about it.

2wfjszd.jpg

126a236.jpg

Last edited:
like it

I like it...pretty much wanna do same thing just I have a magnaflow muffler and a late model gas tank (has a straighter exhaust tunnel).

Nice Nice.

looks nice. i went a lil different but that does look nice. with those straight pipes out from the mid section im betting its a lil v8 sounding when you get on it?

looks nice. i went a lil different but that does look nice. with those straight pipes out from the mid section im betting its a lil v8 sounding when you get on it?

i have had a few people ask if it is a v8, then when i say its a v6 they kinda look at me weird.

Glad to see you did not delete the cross bar forward of the diff. It does have a purpose in the car design even if most don't know what it is.

wow. crazy how they fit 2 2.5" pipes all around the gas tank.

and yes, later on find a late model gas tank and swap it

In the event of a front end accident the bar is there to snap/bend the driveshaft when the engine is driven rearward.

Very much like the system I had built only mine has 2 1/4' pipes and no cats. Eliminated the back pressure problem, dropped the boost level 2-3 psi, but I'm just not real crazy about the Flowmaster 40 series sound of mine.
Gerry

In the event of a front end accident the bar is there to snap/bend the driveshaft when the engine is driven rearward.

Duffy,

Does that only work with the factory two piece crimped driveshaft ? Mine was deleted for exhaust clearance years ago and I'm currently using an aftermarket aluminum driveshaft.

David

David,

I would assume that the two components (OEM driveshaft and "mini-cross-member") were designed to work together. Going to aftermarket piece or deleting the "mini-cross-member" and all bets would be off as to what would happen in a front-end collision.

Not to say this isnt true, but my parts car was hit head on by an F250 at 60mph. The heads were against the fire wall it was hit so hard. The stock 2 peice drive shaft I found later was shotened 1in, it was perfectly straight and no signs of damage. I bolted it into my car and was like, wait its too short. At the connector it just slid in a bit. The cross bar was unharmed. But maybe Ill put mine back in since you mentioned that;)

Back