Homebrew Front Mount IC...???

cudaz101

I am reading more and more about how others are able to find room to mount for instance "Ford Power Stroke Donor FMIC" stock equipt. and fit it to their applications...

I mean if a mini-van can find the room for it I am thinkin' we should be able to....Anyone got any ideas? I know this is probably not the first time this issue/idea has come up, but I would appreciiate new or old feedback..

Thanks in adv.

Cheers

Beleive it or not...

But there is very little room up front. Folks have done front mounts before, but it wasn't simple and they had to disassemble the whole front end to do it, modify parts and cut supports to do it.

The power stoke diesel intercooler is HUGE, I'm sure it would work wonders, just getting it to fit would be a pain. I think that many others have put
spearco front mounts in their cars.

inter cooler

Here's an idea I had and was going to do until I saw the inlets.

Use Ford Powerstroke Intercooler. Theres a problem with the lenght so you will have to have 10 inches cut off to fit in between the frame. Then you will have to center your radiator and make new brackets for it because it is now going to stick out a little more than 2 inches so you might run into needing a narrower fan. Or you could sacrifice for power loosing the ac condensor. If you want power this would be a must as the ac condensor is very restrictive to airflow through it.

So you got it in there and now are wondering what about piping. Well here ya go. Exhaust tubing will work perfect. You will just have to have it bent.

Then there's still a problem. hooking that 3 inch pipe to the 2.5 o the stock top and the rear intake. Well the sc top you will have to remove the collor and nut and go ahead and grind that out but becarefull not to take to much or it will be to thin and crack when heated. Well the other end you will have to cut and grind that out as much as possible and grind off all that sticks out so you can have some kind of sleeve to fit over to seal or if you weld then there ya go your set just weld what ever comes to mind to get that end to work.

What my problem with this is the inlets seem to run into a dead wall slowing flow down and maybe creating backpressure.

Welll that's my thought and i though i would share so what's ya think.

Raymond

ic

Well this just hit me after posting the other and my problem.

If you weld aluminum this will work for you. Take two of those intercoolers and have them welded together and wow the cooling would be awesome and you could make better ends to flow much better.

Or you could just weld better ends to it so it has more a flow.

Raymond

Back