PDA

View Full Version : Fall Club Clash Roll Call 2009

Mike8675309
10-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Who's coming? I'm gonna be there, hopefully I can get done tweaking things in the morning to be somewhat consistent in the afternoon. Air temps predicted to be fairly low should allow for some quick times, but my guess is low traction.

pablon2
10-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Leaving in 30 mins. Will be staying with relatives in Garnavillo, IA. I should be to the track around 8:30 tomorrow morning. Looks like snow showers tonight. I hope the track doesn't ice up and cause a cancellation. :(

Mike8675309
10-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Leaving in 30 mins. Will be staying with relatives in Garnavillo, IA. I should be to the track around 8:30 tomorrow morning. Looks like snow showers tonight. I hope the track doesn't ice up and cause a cancellation. :(

woohoo can't wait to see ya paul. I'm heading down today to help Mike with something on his car. I'll crash at his place and then be at the track whenever we get there... usually about 9am.

forcfed93
10-11-2009, 08:03 AM
7am - Mike and I are warming up the cars and will be headed off to the track after a bite to eat and to stop at Al's.

SC-ya at the track shortly before 9

pablon2
10-12-2009, 12:12 AM
Made it home an hour ago. Thanks Mike H. for letting me use your laptop to datalog that one run. Thanks Mike A. for coordinating a great event. FINALLY, I have participated in a Club Clash! :) P.S. Like my new signature??

forcfed93
10-12-2009, 03:40 PM
In spite of it being a little "chilly" in the morning, I think everyone had a great time. Air temps went from 27 at 9am to 41 at 3pm and track temps started at 37 (at 9am) but came up to 60 degrees by the semi-finals. Despite the cold, several club members set personal records. Al set a personal best in by averaging a .042 reaction time for 4 rounds of eliminations.

I'd like to take this chance to thank everyone who supported the Club Clash this year and Invite everyone back next year. For those of you who were not able to make it this year, I would invite you to make it next year. I realize that there are several events available in the spring and fall. We are trying very hard to schedule our events far enough away from them so you can make it to all of them. I have already being talked to TSR, and dates are being worked on for next year. We'll know the exact dates around the end of January when the track publishes the 2010 schedule, but it is safe to assume that the dates will be in the same area that thay have always been.

Spring = End of April / 1st week of May

Fall = Late Sept / 1st week of Oct.

forcfed93
10-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Paul.

NICE SIG!!! :D

PackerCityDan
10-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Mike, too bad your tranny failed. It was a fun day all around, except for the cold.

I think I finally got a handle on most of this thing. All I have to do is work on reaction times making them more consistant. I've got my current set up pretty well figured out as I had 3 elimination runs with in .006 of each other, actually 2 were dead nuts the same.

I admit that I pulled one out of my butt against Paul. Hitting a 17.00 dial in on the head (I'm keeping the time slip with the 17.000 1/4 time on it). Probably never happen again.

Mike8675309
10-13-2009, 10:16 PM
I admit that I pulled one out of my butt against Paul. Hitting a 17.00 dial in on the head (I'm keeping the time slip with the 17.000 1/4 time on it). Probably never happen again.

It'll happen, just when you least expect it. Congrats on the second place money.

PackerCityDan
10-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Thanks Mike.