Heater blower motor. please help!

jtwestify

my 95 SC autos heater is out, it has power to the heater switches, has degrees, everything shows up, but turn it on, no fan power, where to start lookin for problems? any fuses i should check out first? any relays? locations for them? saposed to be bad weather here tomorrow, tring to see if its just a fuse or relay.cuz when i got the car it had some bad fuses, someone arced something and blew out alot of things.. please help!! thanks

my 95 SC autos heater is out, it has power to the heater switches, has degrees, everything shows up, but turn it on, no fan power, where to start lookin for problems? any fuses i should check out first? any relays? locations for them? saposed to be bad weather here tomorrow, tring to see if its just a fuse or relay.cuz when i got the car it had some bad fuses, someone arced something and blew out alot of things.. please help!! thanks

open your glove box, on the top you will see 2 tabs(1left side 1 right side) push these tabs in and pull down to open that area up. pull the power cable off of the fan motor. turn the key on and set the fan to max. check the terminals for voltage with a volt meter. if you have voltage then your blower is shot. if no voltage then open your control panel and check for power to and from the blower switch. let me know what you turn up!

heater

man you live in CA how cold dose it get there REALLY.. i live in MI and its 32 F need the heater, i should move to CA so when it gets in the 50 i will have the biggest smile on my face:D my freind from CA siad he was frezzing and it was 53 or something.. ill trade you any day man.

I was touring the US a "few" years ago around the end of July and set up camp in a little town in CA called Redding.....

I woke up at 4 AM.....

I couldn't sleep cause it was soooo cold.....

I started my car so I could defrost my windshield and get warmed up before I broke camp.....

As I was driving out of Redding I was listening to the radio and the announcer said that the coldest place in the US that morning was Redding CA at 28°.....:rolleyes:

Anyway, back to the thread....

I'm not sure about the 94 - 95s, but don't they have a blower control module located below the blower motor, like the earlier models with climate control....

Sometimes water will get into the module causing it to rust and cause blower problems.....

Last edited:
There is a module for the blower motor located behind the glove box on the 94/95 SC's also.

Redding Ca .. coldest city in the US .. in July ???? That is usually one of the hottest cities.

- Dan

That caught me by surprise, as well....:confused:

All the way from Seattle on down was hot, windy, and dry....

My next stop was Las Vegas where it was 120° in the shade.....:p

Back