95 SC... Fog lights dont work

jtwestify

I have a 95 SC.. fog lights dont work.. i press the switch.. and they dont turn on. and i belive the switch is saposed to light up sayin there on.. it doesnt even do that.. any tips>??

The fog lights get power from the low beams. If the low beams work, then check the 5 amp FOG fuse under the dash. If the fuse is good and the indicator light on the fog light switch does not come on when the switch is turned on, then check the switch. If the indicator light on the switch comes on but the fog lights don't, then check the fog light relay under the hood.

my fogs stopped working after i did my 5spd swap, i wasn't too worried about it since I had more important engine related things to worry about, but just the other day i decided i wanted fogs again so i started investigating. Come to find out my switch was bad, I swapped it with a known working spare I had laying around and voila! I have fogs again.

if you want to use the fog lights when your brights are on aswell just tap into the power in side on your compartment light. all it does is send a signal to a relay switch so it wont take to much current from your light circuit. keep in mind doing this will make your fog lamps full manual control. if you want it to run ooff of the ignition just tap and run a line from the fuse box. most of the 10amp fuses are powered by the key.

Interesting that about a relay. I know my car does not have a relay for the fogs and the electrical diagrams I have don't show one either.

Fraser

When I bought mine they didnt work either but that was cause the moron that painted the bumper at Ford forgot to mask them off :rolleyes:

Interesting that about a relay. I know my car does not have a relay for the fogs and the electrical diagrams I have don't show one either.

Fraser

its easy to install 1. you can get them from radio shack for around $5 for a 30amp relay

Back