ABS parts...

Gregthespy

Does anyone local to me have a spare ABS pressure switch and brown ABS relay they would be willing to sell me in a hurry? I know a lot of you guys have spare parts piles and of course I got rid of my spare ABS unit when I sold my 90 SC. My ABS pump won't quit running, and yes... I replaced the accumulator with a new one and the pump is running strong. Just need to get the pump to stop running before it burns itself up :rolleyes:
let me know if any of you have these parts and, even better, could possibly meet me to get them, I'm sick of waiting for the postman and not having reliable transportation. ;)
Thanks guys!

Greg, don't know how much help this will be but...

I have a couple spare relays...you can have one, no $$$ necessary.

Also, the pressure switch is suspect off my old system, you may recall what I went through, ... either the pump or pressure switch is on it's way out. Kind of a big gamble considering the work involved in putting it in...

I don't know how to get the relay to you quick with work etc. for both of us, though Wednesday I have a few hours of wiggle room. If you can wait till the weekend I am willing to drive to you.

Or..I could meet half way on Wednesday. Whatever works.

Fixed... I think

Well, I think I have fixed it, just waiting on a second person to help bleed the brakes. It turned out to be the pressure switch on the master cyl.
I actually replaced it with the master cylinder still on the car, just took a little skill working in tight space which I wouldn't have expected it to be different than any other job on this car.:p after thoroughly washing the brake fluid off everything I turned the key and waited to see if the pump would shut off after pressurizing the accumulator, after topping off the fluid the pump stopped:)
I have to thank Flip for supplying me with the pressure switch off an old ABS unit he had laying around from his 89. I would also like to thank Dan for offering to drive that relay down to me, I'm glad you didn't now since it was the switch instead.:rolleyes: but I wouldn't expect any different from you good group of guys!!! Thanks a bunch
I actually ordered the switch and relay from Ed to have shipped and they arrived just a few minutes ago, I guess I now have a spare which is always a good thing! Thanks Ed for getting the parts shipped out to me so quickly;) I'm sure they will get their use eventually!
Hopefully the brake bleeding goes well and I'm back on the road again!
Thanks!

Good to hear Greg, you must be a contortionsit though, to get that switch in w/o removing the unit from the car.

I would like to know the details when I next see you so I'm prepared when it happens to me again!

Have a great weekend bud :)

Me too.....

I know there is a special socket that is used along with some creative use of universal joints......;)

I was even thinking of drilling an access hole in the fender well and putting a rubber plug in it after the install....:p

I was even thinking of drilling an access hole in the fender well and putting a rubber plug in it after the install....:p

Ed, you've no idea how close I came to doing that on mine. I recall reading about someone on Sccoa once doing it, and it sounds like a great idea.

If you do it, you need to post about it.

Man, it's 73 degress here today and sunny, I got to get back out there!

Well guys, I got to the sensor from underneath the car and gently bent the hard lines away that were obstructing the sensor and used a nifty wrench that I have in my tool collection that grips really good in tight spaces, it doesn't even have to be on the hexed part of the sensor to grab. I inherited this tool from my father and must say that it is one of the best tools for getting stripped bolts out or in this case, hard to align the hex of the sensor to a wrench, It just grabs it!;)
So i ended up not being able to get someone to help bleed the brakes and let the car sit the night. Then the next day I left the house for the whole day on an outing and when I came back in the evening I found my windshield smashed and a few dents on my car:mad::mad::mad: I'm soo pi$$ed and have no clue who would have done such a thing or why, I can't even tell what could have done this because it's such a weird pattern of dents.:confused: So it looks like I've got to fix even more stuff on my car now...:(
I swear... you just can't have nice things anymore and no one respects anybodies stuff anymore... why!?!?!

Then the next day I left the house for the whole day on an outing and when I came back in the evening I found my windshield smashed and a few dents on my car:mad::mad::mad: I'm soo pi$$ed and have no clue who would have done such a thing or why, I can't even tell what could have done this because it's such a weird pattern of dents.:confused: So it looks like I've got to fix even more stuff on my car now...:(
I swear... you just can't have nice things anymore and no one respects anybodies stuff anymore... why!?!?!

That just out right sucks Greg! You can't have anything nice any more. I just don't understand what motivates someone to ruin other people's property. It is events like this which make me distrust people in general. I hope you reported it to the police and they catch the individuals responsible for destroying your property.

Years ago someone decided to key my Cougar right after it was painted. I never understood it then and still don't know why someone would want to destroy another person’s hard work. It just makes no sense to me.

Bryan

Last edited:
I don't even know what to say Greg...any chance your neighbors would have seen/heard something to give a clue. It would be nice in this life for some justice to come to us at times like this.

Keep your chin up.

that stinks greg you know i am just down the street if you need help to work on the car give me a call and you are welcome to work on it here and use a lift (things like this is why i have not taken my car anywhere yet i think i will shoot myself if i go to the mall and someone keys it just for the hell of it)

sorry again greg if you need anything for your car let me know if i can help
Chris

Then the next day I left the house for the whole day on an outing and when I came back in the evening I found my windshield smashed and a few dents on my car:mad::mad::mad: I'm soo pi$$ed and have no clue who would have done such a thing or why, I can't even tell what could have done this because it's such a weird pattern of dents.:confused: So it looks like I've got to fix even more stuff on my car now...:(

Maybe an alligator was sunning on it? ;) Stinks, though.

Well I tried my hardest to find out if anyone saw/heard something suspicious in the time frame that it happened and there were no results there. I know that Fl law allows free windshield replacement through your insurance with a waived deductible but that's only if you have comprehensive coverage. Of course I don't because i would mostly be trowing my money away since the car would probably totaled out if anything ever happened to it and I'd probably get a check for $700. :rolleyes:
So I made an appointment with the mobile glass shop to get it replaced tomorrow for $175.00 out of pocket.:mad: I really don't feel like messing with it myself, I hate replacing glass, and this way I get a lifetime warranty if it ever leaks.
The part that I think ticks me off the most is that my brand new upper windshield molding is one of the parts that fell victim of this crap.:( looks like I'll be ordering another from your dealership Chris... that is if they are still available.
The one good thing that this indecent has prompted is it's given me the kick in the butt to start the process of selling this place and buy some real estate elsewhere! In the process of getting pre-approval on a loan before I start shopping.;) Wish me luck!

good luck with the house hunting it's the right time :)
i will be stopping in at work before i head to daytona and i will get one on the way
you going to datona tomorrow ?
if so i will see you there

Chris

Thanks guys, It sure is agonizing waiting on return calls from mortgage brokers:rolleyes: I hope it works out.
I'm not going to be making it Daytona since I've got my windshield appointment scheduled for sometime tomorrow. But I really appreciate checking out the trim for me Chris. Your paint looks incredible, you have something to be proud of there, and I love the color, very nice!

I really hope you can get out of there eventually Greg, the whole situation is dispicable.

If there's any way I can help out let me know, I'd gladly come over next weekend if you need a hand with anything. Don't be afraid to ask.

Greg stop by my work with your car i would like to see it and maybe i can help you get some of the other work done you said you need the roof painted i have some stuff leftover from my car although i dont think i can get the paint to match :D:D but i have the rest of the stuff

Chris

Back