MP90 4th Generation S/C

Hock

I'm looking at this on Ebay thinking that this may be a good S/C for my car. What do you guys think?

According to the data that I have found it will take less power to drive, which is good. The only thing I could not find on our M90 was volumetric efficiency. The MP90 is over 90% at 14,000rpm which is 2,000 rpm less then the test max and what I assume is the max rpm (16,000). And for the price I would assume less than a grand investment to make it all work.

So what do you all think? Power to be had or money and time wasted?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_749

if your going to spend the time and money to do it just slap a master power t70mm turbo on with either a .68 .82 or .96 AR and let her rip.

you'll also need

60# injectors
38mm wastegate
bov
fmic
piping
and a tune

then say hello to 400hp

Man that seems cheap... Is it an inverted blower tho? Also do you think you could get a snout the right length?

if your going to spend the time and money to do it just slap a master power t70mm turbo on with either a .68 .82 or .96 AR and let her rip.

you'll also need

60# injectors
38mm wastegate
bov
fmic
piping
and a tune

then say hello to 400hp

If I could find the right turbo to twin-charge I would do that.

Man that seems cheap... Is it an inverted blower tho? Also do you think you could get a snout the right length?

As long as I got the snout length close I could work out the rest with the mounting location.

looks to be too long..That has internal bypass no?

I'd love to see one adapted just to see what gains are made due to the efficiency of the design alone..

looks to be too long..That has internal bypass no?

I'd love to see one adapted just to see what gains are made due to the efficiency of the design alone..

Yeah its a little long but Magnuson has other snouts so I could go shorter with it and yes it does have and internal bypass valve.

It sure has a big inlet and outlet opening, somebody needs to buy one and see what it'll do, I'm sure Ken Wagner could fab up an intake and other neccessary parts.

Yeah its a little long but Magnuson has other snouts so I could go shorter with it and yes it does have and internal bypass valve.

Hmm,

If we could get a frontal view I bet our M90 snout could bolt on.

Thats the same case design Trilogy Motorsports uses for there MP112 Marauder kit. It works pretty well, the design flaw on the marauder kit is the blower inlet. But it has powered the 4100# Marauder to a 10.91 no NAWS. You could use the inlet from a marauder but you'd have to have the blower outlet pointing down. Steigmeier can port it or Posi too. We picked up 40hp from the Steig port work.

Has anybody tried to mill down the NA lower manifold and adapt a rectangular plate (like the Morana adaptor for split port manifold)?. Sandwich in a liquid IC with an inch of clearance on either side. That MP90, or many other models, could be blowing down. It would be tall and need a big hood bubble but it would be clean. Another problem would be the intake but maybe something could be fabbed from Magnuson's front inlet kits.

Back