PDA

View Full Version : comming back from the dead

stangerbanger
10-14-2009, 06:33 AM
well, i got into a wreck with my stang 3 weeks ago. lady pulled infront of me and smashed the brakes, so i slid into the back of her. no damaged to her car, mine techincally totaled. her trailer hitch hit my airbag sensor, so the bags went off, popin the winsheild in the proccess. damage was minor to hood and front bumper cover, pushed radiator support in, and broke windsheild.

so far, i have a windsheild, a saleen body kit, cobra hood on it, two brand new bomz black and gray racing seats, replaced the airbags. i am gonna respray the car before i put it back on the road.

my motor is comming along very nicely, so i am gonna have my new sc motor in the stang while the car is down. it is gonna come back a monster.

z90sc
10-14-2009, 05:42 PM
....another SCSTANG monster in the group..........maybe you and Todd can meet up at a track and see who's the "baddest monster"......:eek:
z

Roadhawg
10-14-2009, 07:24 PM
....another SCSTANG monster in the group..........maybe you and Todd can meet up at a track and see who's the "baddest monster"......:eek:
z

Well Z, the SC Stang bar is currently set at 11.61 @ 118mph

Todd

nickleman60
10-14-2009, 08:16 PM

Todd

:eek:........You're the only one who knows this kid so what are his chances of dethroning you?

Roadhawg
10-14-2009, 08:21 PM
:eek:........You're the only one who knows this kid so what are his chances of dethroning you?

He will be coming out of the starting blocks, like I did when I had the basic SC setup.

z90sc
10-14-2009, 11:27 PM

Todd

...yep,you certainly have one fast hotrod there...........
z

frdlvr30
10-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Funny thing is that with a few small tweaks and a transbrake, that car would run a 10.90 I think. I was pretty impressed with it at the Shootout. Same with Keith's it has a lot left in it. Not to mention Keith has the Tree figured out!!!! Should have seen him whipping up on all the guys in his class and then going all the way to top eliminator final and breaking out!!!

nickleman60
10-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Funny thing is that with a few small tweaks and a transbrake, that car would run a 10.90 I think. I was pretty impressed with it at the Shootout. Same with Keith's it has a lot left in it. Not to mention Keith has the Tree figured out!!!! Should have seen him whipping up on all the guys in his class and then going all the way to top eliminator final and breaking out!!!

I think my car should be deep into the 11's when/if I ever get the correct tune........:rolleyes:

frdlvr30
10-15-2009, 01:11 PM
I think my car should be deep into the 11's when/if I ever get the correct tune........:rolleyes:

In my opinion it should be every bit as fast as Vining's and you saw what he is running. Low12's /High 11's. Before the bottle. Yes tuning is the factor, we have known that. Im not sure though due to the size of your cam if you will be able to get quite that low. You have Superman heads, with a mighty mouse camshaft. Like I have said before though. Nothing 350.00 and an afternoon wont cure. I know I have said all of this before. Just seems silly to have heads that nice and big without a cam to complement them....I think before its all said and done a .590-.600/230 duration/114 Lobe Seperation cam is in your future.

nickleman60
10-15-2009, 01:17 PM
In my opinion it should be every bit as fast as Vining's and you saw what he is running. Low12's /High 11's. Before the bottle. Yes tuning is the factor, we have known that. Im not sure though due to the size of your cam if you will be able to get quite that low. You have Superman heads, with a mighty mouse camshaft. Like I have said before though. Nothing 350.00 and an afternoon wont cure. I know I have said all of this before. Just seems silly to have heads that nice and big without a cam to complement them....

If I can get to the low 12's on motor I know the nitrous should pick me up at least a second. Remember I was spraying with a 75hp nitrous jet and 55 hp gas jet, I'm sure I'll pick up a little using the 75 hp gas jet. As far as switching the camshaft I'll have to think hard on that one........;)

frdlvr30
10-15-2009, 01:23 PM
If I can get to the low 12's on motor I know the nitrous should pick me up at least a second. Remember I was spraying with a 75hp nitrous jet and 55 hp gas jet, I'm sure I'll pick up a little using the 75 hp gas jet. As far as switching the camshaft I'll have to think hard on that one........;)

I dont think you are going to gain another second once that MoFo is running correctly. Not on that small of a shot anyway. I think its like Todd said, that it was running so poorly and the N2O just leaned it out and made it GO!! Actually, I forgot I put the 75 jet in it...I was thinking we were on the 50 jet.

I wish it would rain today...

stangerbanger
10-15-2009, 07:59 PM
too much fuel on nitrous sucks. i got a tune from justin and it leaned me out so bad my wideband went dead lean. so i talked to him and he told me to pull mad timing and add a stupid amount of fuel and i did. on nitrous, the car wouldnt rev over 5 grand. just way to much fuel. it was like a built in rev limiter..

nickleman60
10-15-2009, 08:26 PM
too much fuel on nitrous sucks. i got a tune from justin and it leaned me out so bad my wideband went dead lean. so i talked to him and he told me to pull mad timing and add a stupid amount of fuel and i did. on nitrous, the car wouldnt rev over 5 grand. just way to much fuel. it was like a built in rev limiter..

I don't think you read it right. I was running way to rich on motor and with the 55hp nitrous/fuel jets in it leaned out and made it run much better. At the end I was running my wet kit on the 75hp nitrous jet and a 55hp fuel jet, even more leaner.

stangerbanger
10-15-2009, 09:40 PM
oh ok my bad. well, i got the long block, timing cover and oil pan done today. also put the hv oil pump on. im lookin forward to a motor that dont leak/burn a quart of oil a week lol

Roadhawg
10-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Did anyone notice how we ended up derailing this thread? :rolleyes:

nickleman60
10-16-2009, 07:53 AM
oh ok my bad. well, i got the long block, timing cover and oil pan done today. also put the hv oil pump on. im lookin forward to a motor that dont leak/burn a quart of oil a week lol

One thing about it, if you have any questions about what to do you have the perfect person in Todd to give you an answer.

Hey Todd, looks might you might have a person to buy your double i/c when you're done with it......;)

stangerbanger
10-16-2009, 03:26 PM
yes, Todd is a life saver. espically when you lose yor cam retainer and spacer, and he has one lol

stangerbanger
10-26-2009, 06:17 PM
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/importeater3/longblockwithblower.jpg

the body kit is bout ready to spray, and i just ordered my new clutch

stangerbanger
10-28-2009, 08:51 PM
:pa lil somethin special for the paint is done on the car, but it was only practice. will post pics tomorrow

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/importeater3/flames.jpg