poor idle issues

stevexr7sc

After the rebuild was done, the car now has idle issues and throttle issues. When the car is at idle it frequently "pops" and runs rough. Also when I touch the throttle it races up to 3k rpms in an instant. Can anyone give me suggestions what to look for or what the problem might be?

Steve.

There is no check engine light. Does this mean there are no codes or it is still possible to have codes?
Thanks

Did you use IC gaskets on your IC tubes....

If not, get some....

It will help eliminate those pesky intake leaks in that area.....:cool:

Does this mean there are no codes or it is still possible to have codes?
Thanks

You'll have codes - which ones remain to be seen until someone reads them, of course. If you don't know how, etc. and if the car will make it to the nearest Autozone, go there and ask the staff to pull them for you.

I'm betting on vacuum leaks tho...

Thanks guys. I will double check for leaks. I used the copper RTV sealant on all the ic tubes and top. I will try do get the codes read first.
All the feed back is great!

Steve

Bang on guys! The problem was a leak at the top of the blower. Cheap attempt. I had to go back to the stock top.

Bang on guys! The problem was a leak at the top of the blower. Cheap attempt. I had to go back to the stock top.

Might was well stick with the stock top. A raised top has no benefit unless you are way up there in the 350+ rwhp range.

Fraser

Back