PDA

View Full Version : Things happen for a reason!

Dahoopd
10-15-2009, 12:28 PM
I finally bought some drag radials in an effort to hit my goal for the year of a 13.2. I went to three u-pull-it yards trying to find some crown vic or exploder steel wheels to mount them on. There was a chance of rain but it seemed as if it would pass.

Well is started to mist at the last yard so I figured I would throw in the towel and skip the next one I was going to check. I went home and parked the car. When I left for the gym this morning, the breaks went completely out and the pedal to the floor in 8 am traffic.

Needless to say, when the old lady said there's a reason I'm not finding rims yesterday, there was. I can only imagine doing a 100 and having no breaks.

The reason better not pop up next week. I want my 13.2! :D

thunderkid84
10-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Man, i cant believe all the bad stuff thats happening to you.......and your SC

XxSlowpokexX
10-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Unless you have the stang hub swap youde be pissed as well..Did you ever do that?

Mike8675309
10-15-2009, 06:51 PM
That's weird... a brake line blowout?

Dahoopd
10-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Unless you have the stang hub swap youde be pissed as well..Did you ever do that?

Yes, I did the hub swap thus the reason for the crown vic steel wheels. Im not sure if it was a brake line or not. Since it was raining there was no visual way of telling anything when I parked the car. When the rain stops it on the jack stands. The ABS light was flickering the day before. Maybe its from one of the PBR calipers I put on. They have been fine since the car has been running.

Either way this MoFo is hitting the track by next week. Im getting my 13.2 or bust.

XR7 Dave
10-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Either way this MoFo is hitting the track by next week. Im getting my 13.2 or bust.

Don't forget to pack your parachute!

Dahoopd
10-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Don't forget to pack your parachute!

Nope! Just a spare Half shaft! Man has to have a goal right? Take Notice, not one member on the top SC list hits a 13.2 with the minimal mods I have. Drag Radials and 4K Dumps is all it takes.

Tim Groth
10-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Nope! Just a spare Half shaft! Man has to have a goal right? Take Notice, not one member on the top SC list hits a 13.2 with the minimal mods I have. Drag Radials and 4K Dumps is all it takes.

I think Karen over on MAMN12.com has about the same in here 94 Sc and it ran a 13.2

Her motor is now really blown, but she did it. :D

-Tim

Dahoopd
10-16-2009, 07:20 AM
I think Karen over on MAMN12.com has about the same in here 94 Sc and it ran a 13.2

Her motor is now really blown, but she did it. :D

-Tim

Karen has a best of 13.5 listed, not 13.2. Get it Straight! :cool: