Traction assist stuck on

89tird

Hey guys, the traction assist on my 95 just stopped working, when I bought the car, the previous owner removed the bulb behind it because he said it kept flickering but the button would still work until yesterday. Is there anyway to diagnose it? Can I just replace the switch or I need to change the whole panel?

Thanks in advance

Gotta love a diagnosis like that :rolleyes:.

"Light comes on indicating problem with car, removing light bulb fixed problem."

Sorry, couldn't resist ;).

Put the bulb back in and see what it is doing. I'm not sure, but it may be like some of the other systems in the car and have a flashing sequence indicating what the error is, or there will be a way to trigger a self diagnostics on the system that will flash that light.

Fraser

Lol, found the bulb laying in the center console, put it back on and pushed the switch, it works as it should, went to eat with the wifey, came out started the car and the traction assist off light stayed off without me pushing the switch, like its default off.

Ok here what happes, when I start the car, the off light turns on then turns off immediately, once I drive a couple of feet the off light comes on (on its on) and then I can't turn the traction assist back on, pushing the switch does nothing. Could the module be bad or something?

If you turn it on and you hear a bunch of clicking in the trunk you may have a bad sensor on the shocks. I've had this be the case on earlier models.

Sometimes if they come unseated you'll have the same issues also.

-Tim

Does the ABS light come on at all??
Either when you turnt he key to the run position or driving down the street??

Since at a stand still (IE starting the car) the ABS/Traction control (both the same Module) do their normal tests, then at like 15-20mph? it does another test to check wheel speed sensors and Something with the ABS actuator valves???

I get the clicking in the trunk but only on AUTO ride on the ARC.

I never see the ABS light, the brakes work good but like once a week when coming to a stop the brakes lock and make a grinding noise. The traction assist light off is intermittent sometomes when I start the car the system is on as it should and sometimes off when I stary driving the car.

Yes it should come on for like 5-10 seconds when the key is turn to the run position.. if you don't see it maybe it's like the TA bulb, and has been removed.. which in turn maybe there's a problem with the ABS/traction control system???

How about this one, Does the Airbag light come on as while for like 5-10 seconds when you turn the key to the run position??

well the airbag light is giving me a code, 5 flashes, missing ground or something.

now that you mention it, when I test drove the car, I went on a speed bump too fast and the brakes locked and the abs light came for like 2 seconds, havent seen it on ever since. Does the ABS system throw any codes ?

Back