Failed emissions

REILLY

I took my nephews SC to the station to get inspected this morning. all is good except emissions. the two first readings were really good, however the NOX was double. the Tech said most likely converters. anybody have experience with those Magnaflows from advanced? he also mentioned that the egr could need a cleaning.

any other ideas or shoud I just do the converters and try a retest?

I thought about running a gauranteed to pass but would be really pissed if I used the free retest and it failed again, and all I did was dump a can of that in, should have done that on the first try.

maybe the thing will run a lot better with new converters, they are 20 years old...

You can cut your possible problems in half. The 1990 SC automatic does not have the EGR.

What state are you located in?

dbd

Last edited:
You can cut your possible problems in half. The 1990 SC automatic does not have the EGR.

What state are you located in?

dbd

Thanks for that, I was looking for a few minutes today kind of in the location it was on my 92 bronco 351.. and thought it might be under something....that solves that problem.

I'm in RI, my nephew has decided to get the cats (magnaflow) and O2 sensors.

we have a freebee test within 30 days of the fail and I want to make sure that it passes.

you might have to go to the ford dealer to get something in writing about the egr. it is true that the auto does not have it but the inspector guys dont usually care enough to check if your telling the truth or not.

Back