Installing the SC cluster into XL

91Birdv8SC

Hey all just wondering if the wireing is there in the LX for the SC cluster ?????

Anyone have any info ?

thanks

SC cluster

whats up man. Yea, i tried doing this same idea in my LS Cougar when she was still running. The cluster will work, well i should say just the Speedometer, fuel, and oil maybe. Whatever is on the left side of the SC head will work. Obvioulsy the boost guage isn't going to work. Ummmm, now if you have an LX w/ a V8 and your head has a Tach. than i am pretty sure the tach. on the SC head will work as well. Hope that will help you out.......good luck bro.

Drew

If your LX has the sport cluster, it's a direct swap (same years though). Otherwise you have to run a tach wire, rewire the harness and the oil pressure won't work (different sender?). I did this to my V6 base so if you have and ?'s feel free to ask.

Awesome

One other quick question a friend wants to do this too but he has the basic LX 3.8 now the tach & the oil pressure where do i hook the wires up to & do you have like a pdf file with the instructions so i can print them off for him ?

PS i will repost after the cluster is installed in my car with the v8 and fill u all in on how it works !

Back