for the pros!!!!

92sclikenew

ok im havin a big issue now...

my sig is my mods so here it go's

it has fouled the plugs like 5 times and it smokes a blueish color that smells like fuel very bad..

here's the kicker no mafs will let the car run.. i got the 90mm lighning hooked up car wont run and it stalls if i plug it in while running. so i decide to hook the stocker back up same issue.. the car will only run with NO mafs plugged in and like i said bluish tint that smells like fuel!

i know blue color is suppose to be oil but whys it smell like fuel?

this is with the 91 ecu with the sct chip that is pretty much tuned to my mods (close) remember in the other thread i was askin about ecu compatibility with my 92 car..

also its been a while but the rad fan runs consistent when the key is on and im pretty sure its on while it runs tho i cant here it..

and it ran better on stock tune and a 73mm mafs and a purple tube with the 60lb injectors with no smoke

thanks for all help were should i start?

Last edited:
not saying that it is oil, but 1 would assume if oil is getting in there that the oil would prevent a good burn causing the exhaust to smell fuel rich. just a thought.

If the fan runs steady then either the chip or the EEC or both are fried/corrupted. Where did you get the chip?

If the fan runs steady then either the chip or the EEC or both are fried/corrupted. Where did you get the chip?

bought it used from someone that bought it used.....:( came from tim keiss's then sold to curtis paulfrey, then sold to jim chiasson and i bought it form him

sure it aint that my car is a 92 and im tryin to use a 91 eec im gonna have to remove the chip and install in on my 92 eec

Last edited:
bought it used from someone that bought it used.....:(

If you don't know whose car it came from then it would be (sorry) stupid to put it in your car. What is the EEC code on the EEC you are trying to use? Maybe it's not even a 91 EEC....

If you don't know whose car it came from then it would be (sorry) stupid to put it in your car. What is the EEC code on the EEC you are trying to use? Maybe it's not even a 91 EEC....
hes getting the chip from me, i parted out my engine and he basicly bought everything, or he bought identical parts to what my car was tuned for

ported heads, same size valves
ported intake
60lb injectors
lightning mass air
throttle body
ported plenum
headers
built aod
etc

so hes putting in the mass air flow so he can just pop in the sct chip and drive the car without any issues till it can be re dialed in 100%

i edited the above post the car isnt here were im at so i wont be able to tell till 2morrow
long story short short i bought omost all the mods form the motor jim chiasson sold you at the shoot out.

only thing i know thats diff is he had a mpx blower

Last edited:
Why did u swap the eec's ?

If it smells like fuel then regardless of color it's prolly fuel.

I'm fairly certain it's the chip that's in your EEC right now. It needs to have the exact mods that u have, not just close. And like Dave said u need to find out the calibration code of the EEC u have in there now.

If it is the EEC from Tim's car, his car is a 90 so you can't use his EEC at all and not his chip either without reburning first. And his car didn't have an LMaf anyway, not that it matters.

If it is the EEC from Tim's car, his car is a 90 so you can't use his EEC at all and not his chip either without reburning first. And his car didn't have an LMaf anyway, not that it matters.

tho it came from curtis purfauy car after he did some upgrades and he put a lightning mafs on it and a few other things idk ill just get it reburned and stop the head aches:eek:

tho it came from curtis purfauy car after he did some upgrades and he put a lightning mafs on it and a few other things idk ill just get it reburned and stop the head aches:eek:

If it came from Curtis' car, that car had an engine fire which could very well have shorted out EEC wiring. I don't remember what Curtis' car had but I don't think it was an LMaf.

If it came from Tim's car then his is a 90 and it did not have an LMaf. Either way def get it reburned and don't use that EEC.

If it came from Curtis' car, that car had an engine fire which could very well have shorted out EEC wiring. I don't remember what Curtis' car had but I don't think it was an LMaf.

If it came from Tim's car then his is a 90 and it did not have an LMaf. Either way def get it reburned and don't use that EEC.

well dave this is what the deal was from what i understand...

tim sold his car to curtis then curtis parted his car out to jim and then jim parted out the motor that took a crap to me.. hmmm but if curtis car was on fire at one point the stuff i got from jim even the injectors didnt look burnt they looked brand newl??? maybe jim can chime in and tell me more?

Brian why did u swap eec's in the first place ?

and for you the chip was already in the 90 eec and i didnt wanna deal with removing mine if i could make it plug and play which looks to cause a head ache.... :(

Last edited:
This is the one you got with the chip? That EEC is for a 1989-1990 car.

yea the one in my car is u2y and once i hooked that one up it runs so much better till it started to load up with fuel because it has stock mafs and eec

so i wont be able to plug that chip in to my eec right? it will need rebured?

the eec all togethere look completly diff

and the fan wont come on with the stock eec hooked up and it will run with the mafs hooked up..

You are slowly getting to the point.

Curtis had 2 SC's. One of them was originally Tim's. Tim's is/was a 1990.

Tim's car did not catch fire. Curtis' car caught fire before he bought Tim's car. You said "I bought the parts from Jim" which means little because it still doesn't tell us where the EEC came from because Curtis had 2 SC's, both had MPX's on them and both had custom chips.

Anyway, you are incorrect in thinking that 90/91 EEC's are the same.

Listen carefully.

89-90 EEC's are all interchangeable with each other.
91-93 EEC's are all interchangeable with each other.
94-95 EEC's are interchangeable between the two years.

Please note:

Auto and 5spd EEC's are interchangeable except in 94/95, and if done properly, a 94/5 auto EEC can be used in a 5spd car but a 5spd 94/5 EEC cannot run a 4R70W.

So what you tried to do - ain't gonna work.

Please note:

Auto and 5spd EEC's are interchangeable except in 94/95, and if done properly, a 94/5 auto EEC can be used in a 5spd car but a 5spd 94/5 EEC cannot run a 4R70W.

Another question on this same subject.

Within each of these groups is a tuned SCT chip interchangeable? For example, my car has a A9U2 in it. Can I use any A0H0, A9Z2, B9A1, LOE1, or C0S in my car with my SCT chip without any changes or repercussions?

You are slowly getting to the point.

Curtis had 2 SC's. One of them was originally Tim's. Tim's is/was a 1990.

Tim's car did not catch fire. Curtis' car caught fire before he bought Tim's car. You said "I bought the parts from Jim" which means little because it still doesn't tell us where the EEC came from because Curtis had 2 SC's, both had MPX's on them and both had custom chips.

Anyway, you are incorrect in thinking that 90/91 EEC's are the same.

Listen carefully.

Please note:

So what you tried to do - ain't gonna work.

well dave that helped out alot..

what i am tryin to say as far as i know jim bought parts from curtis which came from tims old car. so basically i have tims parts if that gets to the point. but form what i was told from jim who bought the parts from curtis said it was tuned for
80mmtb
90mm lmafs
mpx think it was 20% od
heads dan sly did
the cam that came from that motor
injectors that came from that motor 60lbs
lentech aod if that could matter
ported intake if that could matter
kook mid length headers
and all the lower end parts he had brought to the shoot out.

i have
70mm tb
90mm lmafs
coy stage 2 heads
94blower ported 10% at the moment
cam that came from the motor (tims old one)
60lb injectors
ported intake
kook headers

i figured it could be me close enough to drive it and get it tuned on a dyno :eek:

since there wasn't much difference but the blower and tb

figured i would add also that i tryed the chip in my eec and the fan did the same thing.. now i know it wasn't tuned for that eec but could that mean its bad. because it didnt do it with the chip out?

Last edited:
put YOUR ORIGINAL eec back in and get the chip reflashed with YOUR calibration code

thats what we're trying to say :)

Back