suspension always firm

joeduno

I just bought a 89 5spd and I'm trying to work out some of the gremlins that most used cars have, before I start driving it on a daily basis. One of my problems is that the suspension is stuck in firm. I have looked into the console, and found my ride control switch disconnected and my fog light switch is gone, but there is only one connector under there. Does anyone know how many wires are supposed to be in the ride control switch. Right now the switch only has two terminals, but I'm wondering if that is actually my fog light switch, because there are 3 wires with an electrical nut holding them together, and I'm thinking that is for the suspension.

Otherwise if it is the two wire switch, what other possibilities are there?

So far I have found and or done the following:
I have found both the rear actuators disconnected and off the suspension, I plugged them in, but still stuck in firm.

Swapped another two pin switch from parts car (removed switches coupe days ago, and forget which one was which)

Swapped control module with parts car's module.

Also, the "firm ride" light was never flashing when the actuators were disconnected.

thanks
Joe

Fog light switch will have a 3 wire connector (Light blue/black, Tan/orange and Black)

Ride control switch is a 2 wire.. (Pink/orange and Dark green/yellow?)

Back