White face gauges

townbird89

Im trying to put on some white face gauge layouts in the cluster but can't get the headlight knob off. Anybody know how that can tell me?:mad:

if your talking about the pull knob in the dash, then use a small flat head screw driver, place it in the slot as far in as you can with the knob pulled out, and then with the blade resting on the post inside, slide it out catching the torsion clip inside.

yes what slow poke said... but to clarify...

1. pull out the headlight knob, keep slight pressure while doing step 2&3
2. put a small screwdriver or pick in line with the slot on the shaft
3. pull/slide OUT on the screwdriver, this will release the tension on the clip and the knob will pull right off

Too easy

when you do this, make sure you peel off the old gage faces from the insert and use a little glue to hold the new ones on. failing to do so will give you sticky needles and ur tach and speedo wont work right. not sure if you know about this or not, but just want to save you the pain of having to rip your dash apart again like I had to. enjoy ur new faces :)

Moses

btw ive been starting to look at new gauge faces, would you mind posting a pic for us once your done?

how does it look at nite ? do all parts of the gauges light up adequately ?

i had these on my 90 and there were dark spots with the LED's i had in

looks good to me but i have to pull the needle out for the tach cause it gets stuck alil. Im changine the bulbs to red like my gauges are.

wish the pic was a lil clearer, but from what i could see they dont look to shabby. would be nice to find those with a 140mph conversion aswell.

Back