Fan not kicking in until "M"

blksc

My 95SC has been running warm. It hasnt overheated, but I noticed that it got to the end of NORM before it would even attempt to cool down. I thought the fans didnt work, but today I did KOEO test and both speed fans kicked in. Turns out that my fans arent being turned on until its at the "M" in NORM. Is that when it supposed to turn on the fans?

I had a 94 and my fans would come on long before that. Is there a chance the ECT sensor is old and is sending the signal too late? When i unplugged the ECT harness the fans ran constantly.

I was having the same prolem not too long ago,but only the aux fan was turning on, not the main,replaced the ECT and it started working as it should.

The temp gauge in our cars are all dependent on the mood of the car that day. For you, M is when the fans come on, for others it comes on at N.

The temp gauge uses a different sensor than the one the computer does.

Fraser

Possible that the sensor that feeds the guage is also on its way out? It did seem to jump around a bit. At this point, its so cheap.. no good reason not to just replace both.

Back