Rusted Brake Line

Dahoopd

The brake line under the driver side has rusted through. Are these still available or do I have to make my own. I also just read that since mine is a 93 I have to use a special tool to bleed them? I didn't realize that and when I replaced the front calipers, I just bleed them like normal brakes. Does anyone have the ABS bleeder tool I could borrow.

I have never used that special tool but it does exist. Also I'd bend my own line...And in doing that you can go stainless if you like..Just a lil harder to bend. Also if the combbination of fittings are hard to find you can reuse yours if you have the proper flare tool

I have never used that special tool but it does exist. Also I'd bend my own line...And in doing that you can go stainless if you like..Just a lil harder to bend. Also if the combbination of fittings are hard to find you can reuse yours if you have the proper flare tool

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. There were no issues and the breaks didn't feel mushy when I bleed them the first time. Do you know if they are the same for the LX. I going to search the junk yard for a set.

I have the tool needed. Bought on eBay. Mine cost me about $100. Have used it twice so far due to 1) brake line replacement, 2) front caliper replacement.

The last brake line I needed I ordered the stuff from here:http://www.fedhillusa.com/ I measured for the line and had them put the ends on and flare it for me. The cunifer brake line is highly corrosion resistant and more flexible than stainless steel lines Easier to bend, and flare if you need to do it yourself.

Back