need some help

rapper33142

My car smells like gas. When I'm driving and I can't smell it under the hood where can the smell come from it just started thanks for your help :confused:

Is it leaking on the ground from anywhere? did you recently fill it up? there's an o-ring-type gasket that will leak sometimes where the filler neck goes into the gas tank.

I can take a look at it this weekend.....

I'll bet it's the O ring on top of the fuel tank......

Mine would do it only when it had a full tank.....

I have less then half a tank and its when the car is running. But I can't smell it out side the car or under the hood

On a side note, this happened in Shane's (quick35th) expedition today, found out he had a gas can in the back that had tipped over lol.

I have no idea where is coming from I have no check engine light and car runs good

Last edited:
Right now my car smells like coolant and transmission fluid. If this smelling like different liquids thing keeps up it should smell like gas before too long.
I figure it only has gas and gear oil left as possibilities. Maybe washer fluid too.
If it starts smelling like gas and I figure out what is causing it I will reply back in this thread.

Check the fuel lines where the come out on the frame just behind the PS front wheel....

There is a plastic return line that can get pinched or damaged....

Back