Accumulator ball

mywhite89

Where do you buy new accumulator balls? Prior told me they don't sell those balls seperately anymore.

Chris

HMM I found a gm part numer(probably a cadillac part) 25528382 that I can pick up for $143 after tax, no shipping charge. Probably the same part?

Where do you buy new accumulator balls? Prior told me they don't sell those balls seperately anymore.

Chris

maybe if you could get a group buy going or something maybe prior will offer them or maybe get a few more people on to buy? i would be interested in a new one tho the used ones i have used have been fine.... but used is used.:eek:

accumulator ball

Sir, You might also try parts.com. Try a google search, since this system was used on many foreigh and domestic autos

Ed they will work on 89-92 Ford Thunderbird SC or any 89-92 Thunderbird / Cougar with the anti-lock brake system along with the Lincoln Town car and Mark VII cars and also the Turbo Coupe for 87-88 model years the 1988 Merkur XR4Ti and 1990 Jaguar. These even came on some mid to late 80s Chrysler Mini Vans believe it or not. The ABS Accumulator balls are also found on many of the late 80s and early to mid 90s GM mostly Cadillac cars. Another auto they work on is a mid to late 80s SAAB with ABS.

Do a search on ebay for them.

i found a guy that in his auction claims he has a way to check the bone yard ones he gets. then cleans them up and shipps them.

i paid 24 dollars for mine and it cured everything wrong with my abs system at this time.

one side note though. the ball I recieved is about 1/2 inch smaller diamater than the one I removed. but printing and such is exactly the same there were a few different numbers but they looked identical just 1/2 inch over all smaller. Made installing it much easier and for three weeks now its worked flawlessly.

I'll bet your ball has a .25 liter capacity...

Are you satisfied with how it works on your system.....:confused:

I have a dozen of these accumulators, but no way of testing them at the moment.....:rolleyes:

Does your new ball have the stainless steel orifice in it...

yes, stainless orafice on the end. same size tool required to remove.

i am satisified with its performance. as I have stock brakes and such at the moment.

Guys, just FYI, I found today that Ford has discontinued the accumulator ball as an OEM replacement part. E8OY 2C231 A was the number, no stock showing in the warehouses ... so it's just whatever is left on dealer shelves as far as getting an original.

cheers
Ed N.

Back