PDA

View Full Version : New FPR location, see pics...

Hock
10-22-2009, 06:25 PM
In the constant world of modding my SC I decided to move the fuel pressure regulator to a more accessible location. I'm using the factory base and mount but I mounted it to the heater pipe that goes over the driver side valve cover. I used header wrap and some ducting tape from Lowes to help insulate the heater pipe and keep it from the regulator and make a heat shield from 26 gauge steel as added heat protection. As far as the hose I use Aeroquip -4 socketless hose to connect everything together. Tell me what you all think.

Hock
10-22-2009, 06:28 PM
more pics...

Mike8675309
10-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I'd be concerned with some of those hoses you are using. Looks like one of them wasn't cut square, and isn't pushed fully onto the steel line. It really should be pushed all the way on.

Hock
10-22-2009, 08:00 PM
I'd be concerned with some of those hoses you are using. Looks like one of them wasn't cut square, and isn't pushed fully onto the steel line. It really should be pushed all the way on.

The one that you can see clean metal was a bear to get on. Didn't get it all the way the first time so I had to cut the end off and try again but it is over both barbs and impossible to remove.

DLF
10-22-2009, 10:47 PM
It really doesn't look like any of them are all the way on.

The trick to installing that type of hose is lubrication and heat. I use the Aeroquip hose lube and heat the inside end of the hose thoroughly with a heat gun.

Hock
10-22-2009, 10:54 PM
I figured they are fine since that's as far as the factory hose went. Lubrication was definitely needed unfortunately I don't have heat gun.

Also this is what I used as reference as to how the lines should be: http://www.tccoa.com/articles/mn12how-to/fuel-rail/fuel-rail.html

Mike8675309
10-23-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm talking about the one that isn't covering the last barb. Note the factory lines are different than the aeroquip stuff, and the barbs on the fuel rails are not exactly spec for the push on hose. That said, it works, but you'll want to make sure all the barbs are fully covered.

The suggest I had for the hose was to run it under some hot water to heat it up. A heat gun will work as well, just need to be careful you don't get it too hot.

Hock
10-23-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm talking about the one that isn't covering the last barb.

Oh, no, that is covering the last bard. That one was the last one I did and had problems getting it on all the way and had to cut it and redo. I didn't get it cut perfectly straight so it just looks like it didn't go all the way in the pic, but it is I had to really fight with that one to get it there but I got it.