Just slippage?

bowez

Got on the motor a bit this evening and at 3000RPM in 4th (3.73 AOD) car sounded and felt weird, almost like a miss but not quite the same. Well got home and checked the engine over and had black powder on the snout. Can pull plugs tomorrow and check if necessary but would slippage be that noticeable?

Oil pressure was 50PSI, Narrowband O2 said was fully rich, coolant temp was normal and car returned to normal once I let it get back down to about 2700.

black powder on the snout does sound like belt slippage. it could be a bad seal but if its dry powder then id say maybe the belt. when i put my 10% od pulley on at first i used the stock belt, when it slipped it seemed like i blew the engine up at higher rpm. got a smaller belt and never had a problem with it since.if you have the 10%od i cant give you my belt size atm due to i have it all masked off for repainting the car. i should be able to get in there in about a week or maybe someone else here has the belt size for you.

Well I know the belt needs to be replaced (the mower kinda bit it, but still usable for now), and if memory serves it is 10% OD.

Back