my progress so far

kneedragger25

I still need to fix the leak in the lower intake and remove the rest of the pulleys and repaint. radiator and IC will also get repainted. this is going to be a restore project.

hopefully tomorrow I will get the radiator lower ic tube the ic and inlet plenum off that way I can reseal the lower intake. Still thinking about doing the HG but not sure.

Its easy to get carreid away. I took my sc assembly b/c it had a huge leak due to the guy that had previously rebuilt the motor left out 3 of the 4 bolts that hold the intake to the supercharger. Then decided to pull the heads to see what else this wonderful mechanic did and noticed no gaskets for exhuast manifolds. Good thing a shop did the motor work. That guy just kinda threw everything back together. Needless to say, its down to the short block now as I am pulling everything out and inspecting it and repainting or replacing. Could hve had the car back up that day :rolleyes: but I wanted the wole engine gone through and look good:D.

I'm in no hurry, I'm still waiting for the previous owner to get back in town so I can get the pink. This is also my second SC and I know its better to take your time and do things right the first time. So I going to fix all the leaks(oil,coolant,trans) Im also getting ready to cut the spring and slam the SC then service the tranny and adjust the TV pressure W/Gauge, then service the rear diff. So I will be going over the car bumper to bumper since it has 100k on the clock the OG owner did not take care of the car and let it overheat a few time so it need some TLC.

so this is where I am today

I got the IC,Radiator and Alternator out todayfor cleaning and painting.
As far as I can tell the valve cover gaskets are not leaking so where did this oil come from?

and what is that sensor on the right side of the water pump it only has 1 wire?

the covers has some grit on the lips but under the gaskets on the head is clean.
The IC is painted

The Radiator is clean flushed and painted

and the thermostat housing is painted

Im kinda on the fench of pulling the motor to reseal the entire engine and do the HG repaint the block and brackets black and all components stock colors. but I have never removed and engine from a car before and dont know what I would get myself into. On the other hand I can do better job of getting all the leaks fixed maybe run new tranny lined and do other detail things.

so this is where I am today

I got the IC,Radiator and Alternator out todayfor cleaning and painting.
As far as I can tell the valve cover gaskets are not leaking so where did this oil come from?

and what is that sensor on the right side of the water pump it only has 1 wire?

the covers has some grit on the lips but under the gaskets on the head is clean.
The IC is painted

The Radiator is clean flushed and painted

and the thermostat housing is painted

Im kinda on the fench of pulling the motor to reseal the entire engine and do the HG repaint the block and brackets black and all components stock colors. but I have never removed and engine from a car before and dont know what I would get myself into. On the other hand I can do better job of getting all the leaks fixed maybe run new tranny lined and do other detail things.

if your up to it a head gasket/arp setup.....Is a good thing.Half the stuff is already off! And imagone....No more leaks

its a hi temp silver paint Im sure lowes or home depot has some. its the spray can chrome but looks nothing like chrome more of a polished silver.

you guys have not seen nothing yet, I used to be an industrial painter so I know my way around paint and prep. i just found a paint that goes over chrome, shiny metal and the silver Im using that will give it a blue anodized look it looks great. I can do this to any engine with any colors just ship me you motor and I will do my thing. but than my wife would be pissed at me longer for working on more cars. My sc is coming along slllllllloooooooooowwwwwwww due to work(mechanic at pepboys) and my family but again Im in no hurry, Once the motor is done and all leaks are gone and no signs of grease grit and grime are seen I will move onto the tranny The prev owner used type f fluid and added a tiny filter in the tranny line going to the cooler, than adjust the TV cable. than onto the diff I will be using some royal purple diff fluid with some locker additive for the posi rear. the final stage is fabricate the hood I want and a rear spoiler all from scratch and they will be welded to the trunk and hood for a seamless and solid mount, than I will respray the cra black with the blue 35th stripe. and blacked out rims followed by a 2inch drop and if funds let me I will re do the black leather seats.

Back