PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Drive Shaft Group Buy (CLOSED)

Mike8675309
10-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Aluminum Drive Shaft Group Buy

**** This group buy will be closing in a few days as enough people have expressed interest ****

See Payment Info below

This is a group buy for high quality 3.5" aluminum driveshafts from Dynotech Engineering.
This group buy is for driveshafts that will fit 89-97 Tbirds, Cougars, Mark VIIIs. Custom lengths are available, but all u-joints/yokes are 1330 and 28 spline. No custom hardware other than length.

We need a minimum of 10 people for the group buy price of $354each. This price includes shipping to the continental U.S.

For that price you will receive
A proper length 3.5" 6061-T6 .125" wall Aluminum Driveshaft with welded yokes
New u-joints
New Flange Yoke for the rear
New Slip yoke for the trans
All Assembled and balanced to 8000 rpm
- Balanced to less than .20 oz-in
- Shaft runout to be less than .010"
- U-joint clearance to less than .002"

If you want a new driveshaft, this is a great price. The main reason to do this mod is either worn or damaged existing driveshaft/yokes, or making significantly more power than stock or regular track use.

How this will work: If you will buy a driveshaft, post in this thread and PM to me your contact and order information. (Name, Phone Number, Shipping Address) As soon as there are 10 interested people, you will be contacted to get payment. The payments will be held for another week to let anyone one else get in on the buy. At the end of that week, the buy will be closed and the payments processed. After the payments are processed the orders will be built. It will take about a week to build all the orders and shipping can be from 3 to 5 days.

Payments will be processed through DirtyDog Performance as Alan there is handling the order for us. http://www.dirtydogperformance.com/

Information you must give us.
Year, Make/Model Engine size and Transmission type (AOD, 4R70W, M5R2). Length if custom length.
Name
Shipping Address
Valid Phone Number
active e-mail address

Info on various shaft lengths
94-97 3.8L 4R70W 57" driveshaft (4R70W overall length 32")
89-95 3.8L M5R2 53.80" driveshaft (M5R2 overall length 35")
89-93 3.8L AOD 57.80" driveshaft (AOD overall length 31")
94-97 4.6L 4R70W 58.20" driveshaft (4R70W overall length 32")
93-98 Mark VIII 4R70W 58.20" driveshaft (4R70W overall length 32")
94-04 Crown Vic 4R70W 55.50" driveshaft (4R70W overall length 32")

* Group By List :09*
Mike8675309 - 1ea for a 93 5-speed ** PAID **
Kenewagner - 1ea for a 93 AOD ** PAID **
fturner - 1ea for a 90 AOD ** PAID **
Super XR7 - 1ea for a Early 3.8 AOD ** PAID **
Jim Cook - 1ea for a 94 SC 4R70W ** PAID **
17Mark71 - 1ea for a 97 4.6 4R70W ** PAID **
MadMikeyL - 1ea for a 98 Lincoln 4.6/T45 Length 56.7" CtoC ** PAID **
SCVidar - 1ea for a 89 SC AOD ** PAID **
SuperChicken89 - 1ea for a 89 SC AOD ** PAID **

Dropped
earl - 1ea for a 96 4.6 4R70W
XR7 Dave - 1ea custom length
89XRTD - 1ea for a 89 5-speed

The group buy is closing and it is time to make payments. Alan at Dirty Dog is doing the collecting and will be processing the order. Alan has requested the following information be E-mailed to him. Note that I've sent him the info you sent me, and if that was good info for shipping and billing, then just send an e-mail confirming. If you're not sure what you sent, then make sure you send him new address info.

If you are ordering a custom length shaft and you haven't already provided the information to me, YOU MUST send that information to Alan.

Info Needed for Dirty Dog Performance:

Name:
Credit Card Billing Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Email address you want tracking info sent to:
Length of shaft and desired yoke (aod or 4r70w):

If you are paying with credit card you need to call ALAN or include a good time to call YOU in your email to ALAN. Paypal does seem to be working but you need to transfer funds into your paypal before sending to me to avoid their fees.

Mike8675309
10-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Note: Canadian shipments will have additional charges. DirtyDog performance will work with you to send shafts via USPS for the lowest possible cost.

Also, non-sccoa members can contact me via e-mail at mike8675309 at gmail dot com to get involved in this group buy. Spread the word As soon as we get 10, we're gonna start collecting the funds.

kenewagner
10-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Note: Canadian shipments will have additional charges. DirtyDog performance will work with you to send shafts via USPS for the lowest possible cost.

Also, non-sccoa members can contact me via e-mail at mike8675309 at gmail dot com to get involved in this group buy. Spread the word As soon as we get 10, we're gonna start collecting the funds.

PM sent

I am all over this:D

Ken

XR7 Dave
10-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Any chance for a custom length shaft?????

Kevin Leitem
10-24-2009, 04:55 PM
the way i read it, custom lengths are ok, just have to keep same yoke, u-joints, ect.

fturner
10-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Mark me down for one for a '90 5spd.

info sent.

Fraser

Mike8675309
10-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Custom lengths are available for the same price as long as they are not some crazy length. I'm going to see if I can find out what type of weight difference we might see and post back next week.

Dirtyd0g
10-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Custom lengths are ok within reason I think they charge more for over 6 foot from the way their literature reads. Either a 4r70w or aod yoke shouldn't be a problem. Many guys run 4r70w extension housings on aod's because they are stronger. In fact if you are buying a shaft to handle more power I suggest you buy it that way. Extensions housings are fairly easy to come by. I probably have 30 spares.
Alan

fturner
10-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Anyone mention this over at TCCOA?

Fraser

XR7 Dave
10-24-2009, 07:46 PM
I just need one a little shorter than the rest of you guys..... :cool:

89XR7TD
10-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Mike Is it possible to put up half, then the other half when the GP is almost done?

If so then I'm in for one on my 89 5sp.

Thanks,

Tom

Dirtyd0g
10-24-2009, 08:40 PM
All money will be processed after the quanity is determined. Once it makes it to the bank I will make the order.
Custom lengths I need exact dimensions. I will not be responsible for incorrect length shafts. When ordering you tell me what length you need and I will give that information to Dynotech. If it doesn't fit you will have to take care of it.
Alan

Earl
10-25-2009, 04:25 AM
I am interested in this!!

Super XR7
10-25-2009, 06:49 AM
I'm in on driveshaft group buy - PM sent.

Mike

Mike8675309
10-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Is it possible to put up half, then the other half when the GP is almost done?

Dirtyd0g is the guy handling the transaction with dynotech and the money. I'm just organizing things. We need to have the money in hand prior to placing the order with dynotech. We DO NOT need any money prior to having 10 people expressing interest.

Once we have the ten. I will contact people to collect the money. I'm going to guess we won't be closing this deal until the second week of november.

Please don't say you're you're interested if you're not going to have the money when the call comes. we're starting this buy soon enough so that folks that are interested should have time to scrape up the cash if they didn't already have it.

Mike8675309
10-25-2009, 10:13 AM
I just need one a little shorter than the rest of you guys..... :cool:

Shorter should not be a problem. just let us know the exact length you want.

89XR7TD
10-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Dirtyd0g is the guy handling the transaction with dynotech and the money. I'm just organizing things. We need to have the money in hand prior to placing the order with dynotech. We DO NOT need any money prior to having 10 people expressing interest.

Once we have the ten. I will contact people to collect the money. I'm going to guess we won't be closing this deal until the second week of november.

Please don't say you're you're interested if you're not going to have the money when the call comes. we're starting this buy soon enough so that folks that are interested should have time to scrape up the cash if they didn't already have it.

Understood:)

Tom

Jim Cook
10-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Count me in,
PM sent

Mike8675309
10-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Only 3 more folks. If we can nail them down by the middle of November, it would be great! Just so you know how good of a deal this is, even the other vendor I talked with (who was about 8% higher) admitted that Dynotech Engineering makes a good driveshaft. This type of deal highlights the benefit of having high quality companies competing against each other with quality products and services.

XR7 Dave
10-27-2009, 11:12 PM
I'll be in for one. Just have to figure out final dimensions.

MadMikeyL
10-28-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm in for one. I need 56.7" though, as this is for my T45 MarkVIII.

Mike8675309
10-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Custom length is fine. Looks like we might hit 10 soon.

89XR7TD
10-29-2009, 05:55 PM
I need to work on my car to get my mind off of things.

Tom

Mike8675309
10-29-2009, 09:46 PM
I need to work on my car to get my mind off of things.

Tom

I can count you in just need your info sent to me via e-mail or pm.

89XR7TD
10-30-2009, 06:38 PM
I can count you in just need your info sent to me via e-mail or pm.

Sorry about that Mike, info sent Thanks.

Tom

Dirtyd0g
10-30-2009, 09:29 PM
WOW this thing is about done...
I am heading to SEMA next week in vegas so if you wind it up and want to get ahold of me and cannot, freak out for 4 days about it then I'll call when I get back :). I may or may not have internet service, we shall see.
Alan

Mike8675309
10-30-2009, 11:10 PM
Well... We've hit our number. I'd like to keep it going until the second week of November so that we pick up as many people as are interested. Expect to start hearing from me after that. If we can find 10 people this quick, that usually means there will be 2 or 3 other folks that just don't check in that often that might be interested.

We need to squeeze them all in on one order, otherwise we would need another 10 total, to do another order.

So let folks on TCCoA know. I'd post over there but it's such a pain to deal with their group buy forum that it's pointless.

Have fun at SEMA Alan.

Dirtyd0g
10-31-2009, 01:02 AM
So let folks on TCCoA know. I'd post over there but it's such a pain to deal with their group buy forum that it's pointless.

Have fun at SEMA Alan.

I messaged everyone that I had a PM from about it, no one seems interested anymore....
Alan

fturner
11-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Mike, I sent you an email.

Thanks
Fraser

Super XR7
11-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Mike, I sent you an email.

Thanks
Fraser

Fraser, I did not get the email.

Mike

Mike8675309
11-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Fraser, I did not get the email.

Mike

No worries, I did.

kenewagner
11-03-2009, 11:56 PM
So are we go for the buy?

Ken

Super XR7
11-04-2009, 07:33 AM
No worries, I did.

As long as a "Mike" got the email, I quess things are good.

Thanks
Mike

Mike8675309
11-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Yes, with 10 people on the list confirmed, we'll be going forward.

alan is at Sema this week. At the second week of november I'll post a notice that the buy is going forward and close the buy on Sunday. during that second week of november I'll be calling everyone to let them know now is the time to pay. I need to find out the details from alan on how to handle that. But my guess is you'll just call him and give him your CC info.

Upon receipt of the info from at least 10 people, he'll place the order with dynotech and get a estimated delivery from that.

kenewagner
11-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Yes, with 10 people on the list confirmed, we'll be going forward.

alan is at Sema this week. At the second week of november I'll post a notice that the buy is going forward and close the buy on Sunday. during that second week of november I'll be calling everyone to let them know now is the time to pay. I need to find out the details from alan on how to handle that. But my guess is you'll just call him and give him your CC info.

Upon receipt of the info from at least 10 people, he'll place the order with dynotech and get a estimated delivery from that.

You did a good job here Mike. How about a group buy on 9.5" TQ converters:D

Ken

fturner
11-04-2009, 03:35 PM
You did a good job here Mike. How about a groupe buy on 9.5" TQ converters:D

Ken

I'm in for one of those :D.

Fraser

Toms-SC
11-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Do not forget the hoods. :D

Mike8675309
11-05-2009, 09:50 PM
working on the hoods thing... don't fret. Just takes time getting details

Torque converter... i don't need one. Should talk to Alan when he gets back, and someone that wants to buy one can start the deal. I only started this because I need a driveshaft. It always makes sense that if you need to buy a part for your car that others also might want, and you can get a discount if you buy more than one, then do a group buy.

Dirtyd0g
11-06-2009, 07:33 PM
You did a good job here Mike. How about a group buy on 9.5" TQ converters:D

Ken

Find enough people I can get a better price on parts if I buy volume. The more I save the cheaper I can sell them for. It comes down to needing to order at least 10 kits of the same style, meaning if one person needs 31 spline(c6) style it wouldn't count.
I think tey removed ford from SEMA this year. now it is the 2009 camaro convention. At least they have free wifi....
Alan

Ken Seegers
11-06-2009, 09:19 PM
working on the hoods thing... don't fret. Just takes time getting details

Torque converter... i don't need one. Should talk to Alan when he gets back, and someone that wants to buy one can start the deal. I only started this because I need a driveshaft. It always makes sense that if you need to buy a part for your car that others also might want, and you can get a discount if you buy more than one, then do a group buy.
Mike,
PM me on the hood deal. I have a guy PA that does FG hoods for t-birds. I have personally witnessed his work. I can contact him. He is about 30 min away from me.
Thanks
Ken
PS Alan keep me in mind with the converter group buy

kenewagner
11-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Find enough people I can get a better price on parts if I buy volume. The more I save the cheaper I can sell them for. Alan

Well you have 3 in this thread alone interested in a 9.5" converter. You would just need to tell us the price for a group of 10 and what if any are options. Good chance to sell some converters

Ken

SCvidar
11-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi
PM sent
Vidar

Dirtyd0g
11-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Mike,
PM me on the hood deal. I have a guy PA that does FG hoods for t-birds. I have personally witnessed his work. I can contact him. He is about 30 min away from me.
Thanks
Ken
PS Alan keep me in mind with the converter group buy

Oddly Ken I still have a converter with your name on it here. I originally built it for Mike38SC on a deal but he doesn't come around much anymore and if he ever gets to needing it I will build him another. The one for you is a 10 inch unit, but if you prefer to go 9.5 we can do that as well. I will talk to sonnax tomorrow to see what kind of break I can get on parts if I order 10 kits at once. The 10 inch unit was a custom built I had parts laser cut for years ago, but have not produced any since.
Alan

fturner
11-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Oddly Ken I still have a converter with your name on it here. I originally built it for Mike38SC on a deal but he doesn't come around much anymore and if he ever gets to needing it I will build him another. The one for you is a 10 inch unit, but if you prefer to go 9.5 we can do that as well. I will talk to sonnax tomorrow to see what kind of break I can get on parts if I order 10 kits at once. The 10 inch unit was a custom built I had parts laser cut for years ago, but have not produced any since.
Alan

I'm looking for a tc with about 2400 stall, with direct drive, and can handle 6500 rpm's runs on a road course. Would the 9.5 be good for that?

Fraser

Stupid Canuck
11-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Road course with an auto? Better check the rules on that.

SCCOA 9.3.7

fturner
11-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Road course with an auto? Better check the rules on that.

SCCOA 9.3.7

I'm not doing sanctioned events, just going on lap days out at the track up the road from me.

Fraser

Dirtyd0g
11-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm looking for a tc with about 2400 stall, with direct drive, and can handle 6500 rpm's runs on a road course. Would the 9.5 be good for that?

Fraser

Yes the 9.5 is the best choice there.
Alan

Dirtyd0g
11-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Ok I just got off the phone with sonnax, it would take an impossible quanity to get any discount out of them. Any discount for a group buy has to come out of my labor. Normal price for these converters is $525+ shipping.
I did the math on everything and tried to figure the labor hours saved by building several at one time. doing one usually takes about 5-6 labor hours. However when doing the same job for example 5 times I save time by not having to change the equipment over.
The best deal I can make is $475 if we can do 5 at once. If some how we come up to 10 of these I can do them for $460. If I go any lower than that I am working for free.
Specifications of all models.
Billet 9.5 inch front cover, bolts are installed backwards and welded in to serve as studs, new nuts are included.
Units can be built with the direct drive or without, cost does not change. All components have hardened splines.
All turbines are furnace brazed, as well as the pumps. Stator has bearings on both sides and includes the standard roller clutch with my custom modifications. With my lube modifications this roller clutch handles up to 400ftlb with ease. I have used them up to 600 without problems. Above that we have to choose a much more expensive component and it is highly recommended to go 31 spline. For those on the edge of 400 hp I have a race change that will move the rollers onto a larger diameter slightly and increase the amount of spline drive. The cost for that modification is $35 The best thing to do is tell me what you have and let me make the decisions on what is needed. I will not sell you something you don't need unless you specifically ask for it. That is not my style.
I am not going to include shipping on this deal but these things are light. average shipping from here to california is about $35, and anywhere in the eastern US it is about $22
For those needing 31 spline units I can do them at the same price, not including the shaft.
Alan

kenewagner
11-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Ok I just got off the phone with sonnax, it would take an impossible quanity to get any discount out of them. Any discount for a group buy has to come out of my labor. Normal price for these converters is $525+ shipping.
I did the math on everything and tried to figure the labor hours saved by building several at one time. doing one usually takes about 5-6 labor hours. However when doing the same job for example 5 times I save time by not having to change the equipment over.
The best deal I can make is $475 if we can do 5 at once. If some how we come up to 10 of these I can do them for $460. If I go any lower than that I am working for free.
Billet 9.5 inch front cover, bolts are installed backwards and welded in to serve as studs, new nuts are included.
Units can be built with the direct drive or without, cost does not change. All components have hardened splines.
All turbines are furnace brazed, as well as the pumps. Stator has bearings on both sides and includes the standard roller clutch with my custom modifications. With my lube modifications this roller clutch handles up to 400ftlb with ease. I have used them up to 600 without problems. Above that we have to choose a much more expensive component and it is highly recommended to go 31 spline. For those on the edge of 400 hp I have a race change that will move the rollers onto a larger diameter slightly and increase the amount of spline drive. The cost for that modification is $35 The best thing to do is tell me what you have and let me make the decisions on what is needed. I will not sell you something you don't need unless you specifically ask for it. That is not my style.
I am not going to include shipping on this deal but these things are light. average shipping from here to california is about $35, and anywhere in the eastern US it is about $22
For those needing 31 spline units I can do them at the same price, not including the shaft.
Alan

Are you going to start another Thread for a group buy on these? I am in for one and Im sure we can find 4 more at a minimum. This would be a great deal in my opinion;)

Ken

fturner
11-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Alan

Wulp, you got 2 now ;).

Fraser

Dirtyd0g
11-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Wulp, you got 2 now ;).

Fraser

I am building one wednesday and liek everything I do I like to show pictures :) I will start a thread as soon as I have the pictures.
2 is a good start.
Alan

Mike8675309
11-09-2009, 09:01 PM
alan is working on figuring out the payment details. hopefully we'll start collecting on the driveshafts this week yet. if you still need to get shaft measurements... (and you know who you are) better start measuring.

guitar maestro
11-09-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm down for a 4" aluminum driveshaft with a reduced-length for a 4R70W accomodated with the longer tailshaft housing.....got cash in hand...just name the price

info:

Oscar Sanchez
Laredo, Tx
money order

VicRattlehead
11-09-2009, 10:11 PM
I'd post over there but it's such a pain to deal with their group buy forum that it's pointless.

thats bs, and you know it. send a pm with the info on the item, who's taking payments and who's organizing it, (your first post or a link to it) to either AL or JamesD. when they okay it, i guarantee that they will ok it, it copy your first post here and post it there. thats all

btw i posted it on there catch the last minute guys who knows. good luck if i knew what length i needed id be in for one but i dont have the measurements that i need.

Dirtyd0g
11-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Someone please make a list of the people, location and how they intend to pay. Options are cash,check,money order,visa,mastercard,discover and paypal. Exact prices may vary dependant on payment type.
My paypal fees are high, 3.9% I believe. Visa and mastercard are at 3.43%(rounded) plus .25 per transaction discover add 1% to visa/mastercard. Checks,cash and money orders have no fees.
Alan

Mike8675309
11-09-2009, 11:30 PM
thats bs, and you know it. send a pm with the info on the item, who's taking payments and who's organizing it, (your first post or a link to it) to either AL or JamesD. when they okay it, i guarantee that they will ok it, it copy your first post here and post it there. thats all

yeah.. right. oh... gotta be a member, meh.

Super XR7
11-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Someone please make a list of the people, location and how they intend to pay. Options are cash,check,money order,visa,mastercard,discover and paypal. Exact prices may vary dependant on payment type.
My paypal fees are high, 3.9% I believe. Visa and mastercard are at 3.43%(rounded) plus .25 per transaction discover add 1% to visa/mastercard. Checks,cash and money orders have no fees.
Alan

Alan, I will send you a money order.

Mike

kenewagner
11-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Alan

I was planning on sending pay Pal. When I click on the personal tab you receive the full amount. There is no fee. It is like a money transfer

Ken

Dirtyd0g
11-10-2009, 01:47 PM
I was planning on sending pay Pal. When I click on the personal tab you receive the full amount. There is no fee. It is like a money transfer

Ken

You can try but I think that depends on the type of account setup on my end. If you setup an account that can take credit cards they take fees on everything. If you cannot take credit cards there are no fees. I'm not trying to make any money on this deal,but I am not going to lose over payment fees either. If it gets to complicated I'll just say everyone has to send me checks to get the price. I don't want to do that because it takes forever, but if I have to I will.
Alan

kenewagner
11-10-2009, 02:01 PM
You can try but I think that depends on the type of account setup on my end. If you setup an account that can take credit cards they take fees on everything. If you cannot take credit cards there are no fees. I'm not trying to make any money on this deal,but I am not going to lose over payment fees either. If it gets to complicated I'll just say everyone has to send me checks to get the price. I don't want to do that because it takes forever, but if I have to I will.
Alan

Why dont you let me send you a small down payment on the drive shaft using Pay Pal and see if it will go through with no fee and then we will know.

Ken

Dirtyd0g
11-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Why dont you let me send you a small down payment on the drive shaft using Pay Pal and see if it will go through with no fee and then we will know.

Ken

Yeah just try $10 because that will tell us what they are really getting rate wise. Give me about 5 minutes to transfer the few bucks in my account off so it is completely empty.
Alan at dirtydogperformance dot com

Dirtyd0g
11-10-2009, 02:31 PM
all cleared

kenewagner
11-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Yeah just try $10 because that will tell us what they are really getting rate wise. Give me about 5 minutes to transfer the few bucks in my account off so it is completely empty.
Alan at dirtydogperformance dot com

Money is sent. It said you will receive 10.00 If that is correct just let me know and I will send you the rest of the money

Ken

MadMikeyL
11-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Money is sent. It said you will receive 10.00 If that is correct just let me know and I will send you the rest of the money

Ken

If this works, let me know how to do it to avoid the fees. I'll pay with paypal either way, but if I can avoid the fees, that would be good. Just let me know if it works, and if not, how much to send. Thanks.

Mike

kenewagner
11-10-2009, 04:49 PM
If this works, let me know how to do it to avoid the fees. I'll pay with paypal either way, but if I can avoid the fees, that would be good. Just let me know if it works, and if not, how much to send. Thanks.

Mike

I click on send money. I than put in the E mail address than under that the amount and under that are two tabs one for Purchase and one for Personal. I click on the personal tab and than click on any of the reasons for payment listed and click on send. Brings up another page saying the receiver of the funds will receive what ever you sent him. I dont know if there are other factors or requirements that allows fee free Pay Pal but it works on my account.

Ken

Dirtyd0g
11-10-2009, 08:20 PM
That method appears to work, I guess they changed their policy on it. I know if you pay them with a credit or debit card they charge the fee. If we are going to do this we need to do them one at a time so that I can watch it closely.
Alan

kenewagner
11-10-2009, 10:43 PM
That method appears to work, I guess they changed their policy on it. I know if you pay them with a credit or debit card they charge the fee. If we are going to do this we need to do them one at a time so that I can watch it closely.
Alan

I can send you the money anytime your ready

Ken

Dirtyd0g
11-11-2009, 04:25 AM
Go ahead and finish it when you like. We should be ordering in a couple days now.
For those with orders and payments. Please send an email with the following information to alan at dirtydogperformance dot com
Name
Address/ for credit card I need billing and shipping.
phone number
email address to send any tracking to
length of shaft and desired yoke (aod or 4r70w)
We have count and we are ready.
If you are paying with credit card you need to call me or include a good time to call you in your email. Paypal does seem to be working but you need to transfer funds into your paypal before sending to me to avoid their fees.
It would greatly please me if we could have this good of a turn out on converters :)
Alan

kenewagner
11-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Go ahead and finish it when you like. We should be ordering in a couple days now.
For those with orders and payments. Please send an email with the following information to alan at dirtydogperformance dot com
Name
Address/ for credit card I need billing and shipping.
phone number
email address to send any tracking to
length of shaft and desired yoke (aod or 4r70w)
We have count and we are ready.
If you are paying with credit card you need to call me or include a good time to call you in your email. Paypal does seem to be working but you need to transfer funds into your paypal before sending to me to avoid their fees.
It would greatly please me if we could have this good of a turn out on converters :)
Alan

Money is sent vie Pay Pal.

Ken

Mike8675309
11-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I have forwarded to Alan the information everyone has sent me. So he will have whatever address you sent. If you gave me an e-mail address, I've sent you the info that Alan posted here on what the next step is.

If the address you sent me isn't the billing or isn't the shipping, you'll need to make sure he has the right one. I've also sent him what shafts everyone wanted.

Dirtyd0g
11-12-2009, 01:51 PM
I will try to make some calls a little later, I have to assemble the aod converter mentioned above as soon as the parts showed up, I was expecting them yesterday and really need this one done and out. Anyone on the list who needs to contact me please call me at 513 898 1580.
Thanks
Alan

Mike8675309
11-13-2009, 11:53 AM
I've updated the list with those that have PAID so far. If you haven't paid yet, please try to do so soon. The sooner the funds are all in for the 10 (one guy dropped) the sooner Alan can order the parts.

Dirtyd0g
11-21-2009, 06:54 AM
Mike I meant to update you today I thought one person was going to pay today so I tries o hold off to get everyone in. I think there are 2 left that haven't paid. If that is you please call me at 513 898 1580 from 12noon o 12 midnight eastern time is fine by me.
I will get you the final list later today Mike. Last chance for anyone on the fence to get in.
Alan

Super XR7
11-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Alan, do you have a 94+ automatic transmission tail extension? If so how much?

Mike

XR7 Dave
11-21-2009, 11:55 AM
I didn't realize this buy was going to close so quickly. I guess I figured with winter approaching we wouldn't be in such a big rush, I have not had time to calculate/measure what length DS I actually need + I have not had time to put together the money. I still want a DS but I'll need more time.

Pablo94SC
11-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I didn't realize this buy was going to close so quickly. I guess I figured with winter approaching we wouldn't be in such a big rush, I have not had time to calculate/measure what length DS I actually need + I have not had time to put together the money. I still want a DS but I'll need more time.

I agree with you Dave. I don't know why there needs to be such a rush on this. That's part of why I didn't get in on it. I bet if they waited until around the first of the year to close this, a lot of people would join in for possibly an even better rate. I know that's far off, but this would be a good way to spend that holiday bonus, christmas cash or be a nice gift for the SC nut in the family.

fturner
11-21-2009, 05:05 PM
I have a bad feeling we're going to lose out on this now :(.

Also, with christmas coming, no one is going to have the money to do this and the last I have heard, not a whole lot of people will be getting pay raises let alone bonuses because of the economy.

Oh well
Fraser

Dirtyd0g
11-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Alan, do you have a 94+ automatic transmission tail extension? If so how much?

Mike

I have a bunch of them. If you just want a good used one $15, if you want me to put a new bushing on it and seal $30.
Alan

The rest of the comments I was under the impression we would do it when everyone has paid. I don't really see the need for the rush I don't see the prices changing anytime soon. The only rush for me is that I don't want to be holding peoples money. I haven't run any of the credit cards yet I wanted to do them all at once. I have recieved 3 paypal payments so far. If you guys would like to set a date that we say is the deadline then we order for everyone who has paid at that point that may be the best to keep everyone on the same page. We do have a few months before anyone really needs their shaft.
Alan

Mike8675309
11-21-2009, 05:33 PM
From the very first post:

How this will work: If you will buy a driveshaft, post in this thread and PM to me your contact and order information. (Name, Phone Number, Shipping Address) As soon as there are 10 interested people, you will be contacted to get payment. The payments will be held for another week to let anyone one else get in on the buy. At the end of that week, the buy will be closed and the payments processed. After the payments are processed the orders will be built. It will take about a week to build all the orders and shipping can be from 3 to 5 days.

I am sorry if that had some folks thinking the buy would be running for months and apologize if some thought the plan wasn't ideal. Now is kind of the wrong time to be talking about it though.

Those of you in on the buy, you have mine and alan's e-mail address and phone numbers. You have been e-mailed by me and or Alan about payment. I've only heard back from one person that said they needed to drop out. Otherwise I assume things are moving forward for others.

XR7 Dave
11-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Sorry didn't really read the fine print, anyway, it's not just as simple as sending in some money for me as I have to coordinate my short car with the T56 that's going in it. I have to mock up some stuff to be able give a final dimension. If it means I can't get in I'll deal with it later. If the buy can wait another week or so I'll be good to go. Sorry for any confusion.

XR7 Dave
11-21-2009, 06:03 PM
From the very first post:

I am sorry if that had some folks thinking the buy would be running for months and apologize if some thought the plan wasn't ideal. Now is kind of the wrong time to be talking about it though.

Mike, I wasn't looking for "months" to go by, just that the < 30 days caught me off guard.

Super XR7
11-21-2009, 07:05 PM
I am in no rush for mine; January/Febuary would be fine.

Mike

Mike8675309
11-21-2009, 07:51 PM
So if we make it that the order is placed the 3rd week of January, is that better for folks? I'm not in a hurry, I just don't like the idea of a group buy that goes on forever and nothing is ever ordered.

How about this? (not fine print) If you're on the list for the group buy, and you CAN NOT WAIT until the Jan/Feb next year, either e-mail me, or post in this thread. Otherwise we'll assume you can wait. Note I'll have to check with alan, as price increases can happen Jan1 for many companies, so I'm not sure if the wait will impact our price with Dynotech.

fturner
11-21-2009, 07:57 PM
The only problem I see with this is everyone right now is basically commited to buying so they have the money.... BUT

ALOT can happen between now and the end of January, including layoffs that for some reason seem to happen quite alot around Christmas.

We could end up with several drop outs and no group buy so no one gets a "deal".

I vote this should be completed as originally planned.

Fraser

Dirtyd0g
11-21-2009, 10:31 PM
I say we shoot to place the order on the 15th of december. Almost another full month so that several people who just cannot be in right now can get things ready. At this point we do not have count. We must wait until we do or quit trying.
I think we can make count by then. I have a few people interested that just are not ready.
Alan

J dot Miller
11-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Be reasonable, how many people are going to join in just before Christmas. That is the time they are buying presents. Once you hit the Thanksgiving high mark with a product that can not be delivered by Christmas you are better off waiting until next year. So I agree with fturner, get it over with. :)

Dirtyd0g
11-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Be reasonable, how many people are going to join in just before Christmas. That is the time they are buying presents. Once you hit the Thanksgiving high mark with a product that can not be delivered by Christmas you are better off waiting until next year. So I agree with fturner, get it over with. :)

You are aware that saying get it over with without the count means exactly that, we tried failed and it is over. I think that decision should be left up to those who want in on this. I don't care if it takes 6 months personally.
Alan

kenewagner
11-22-2009, 12:37 AM
I will wait untill Dec 15 but after that I think it is getting dragged out for the people serious about getting their drive shafts. The original intent was the second week of November (see post 27) So there is no reason to say it is being rushed. Mike layed it out real clear in my opinion.

Ken

89XR7TD
11-22-2009, 03:17 AM
The money soon, but due to helping my sister get back on her feet, is my delay. I was the one who called you Alan to let you know of my cituation, you said to let Mike know but I forgot to do so.

I'm still in, but may need another week or so for the cash, so I vote for the delay even if it is 2 weeks from now is better for me.

Thats all I have to say about this, and e-mail has been sent to you Mike,
sorry for the delay!

Tom

90blkbrd
11-22-2009, 01:08 PM
short car with the T56 that's going in it.

I smell a future group buy. :cool: I think Rico would sell his soul for the first kit. :eek:

XR7 Dave
11-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Guys, do what ever works. I said I want one but I have not been able to get the dimensions. The original buy was up for less than 30days which is short for a major group buy. I didn't ask for another 3 months. I didn't even ask for another week. I just posted why I haven't paid - I don't have the measurements yet! If you want to go ahead without me so be it.

Dirtyd0g
11-23-2009, 04:00 AM
Guys, do what ever works. I said I want one but I have not been able to get the dimensions. The original buy was up for less than 30days which is short for a major group buy. I didn't ask for another 3 months. I didn't even ask for another week. I just posted why I haven't paid - I don't have the measurements yet! If you want to go ahead without me so be it.

For all you do for the club I think we should hold it until you are ready. :)
No I am not being sarcastic or joking. It is the least we as a whole could do to show appreciation for all you and your wife do. Everyone may not realize what it takes to organize this bunch of misfits, I think you have your hands full and handle it well.
Alan

Mike8675309
11-23-2009, 10:07 AM
For all you do for the club I think we should hold it until you are ready. :)
No I am not being sarcastic or joking. It is the least we as a whole could do to show appreciation for all you and your wife do. Everyone may not realize what it takes to organize this bunch of misfits, I think you have your hands full and handle it well.

I believe the decision is going to be to go forward with this sooner rather than later. If anyone has issues with paying or providing measurements the first week in December. (i.e. payments processed December 7th, let me know)

I know of at least one participant that is looking to get a shaft as his car is DOWN currently without it.

ricardoa1
11-23-2009, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=XR7 Dave;852844]I have to coordinate my short car with the T56 that's going in it. I have to mock up some stuff to be able give a final dimension. [QUOTE]

Are you making a write up as you build it? It would be nice to offer a kit. ;)

Mike8675309
12-02-2009, 08:45 PM
I haven't heard from Alan, but I'd still expect that payment processing will start come the 7th of December.

Dirtyd0g
12-03-2009, 01:51 AM
I have just been waiting a bit hoping we can make count.

Mike8675309
12-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Another guy has been added to the list of interested parties. I'll forward his info to Alan later tonight.

XR7 Dave
12-07-2009, 10:05 AM
I don't know if the group made count or not, but I'm going to have to bow out. I have been unable to get an exact measurement on my car that I am satisfied with (too many variables) so I'm going to wait until the motor and transmission are both in the car to determine a final length.

Sorry guys.

Dirtyd0g
12-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I think we just made count yesterday I just have to call 2 people and we are waiting for the people who said they needed another week to come up with the money to pay, then we can get these going.
Alan

Dirtyd0g
12-17-2009, 07:57 PM
10 have paid, 10 are getting billed and ordered. Last chance for anyone who wants in to get in. Time to wrap it up.
Alan

kenewagner
12-31-2009, 10:30 AM
What is the shipping status of these. I havent seen one show up at my door yet?

Ken

Mike8675309
12-31-2009, 09:29 PM
What is the shipping status of these. I havent seen one show up at my door yet?

Ken

I checked with Alan. He has been having some trouble tracking down the right person at Dynotech due to the holiday time of the year. Hopefully we'll get an update from Alan next week.

fturner
01-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Whats the word?

Fraser

Mike8675309
01-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Whats the word?

Fraser

I'm sorry that this is taking longer than anticipated. Alan has told me he ran the payment processing through yesterday. He had an issue with a couple people's payments that we will try to resolve over the weekend. Hopefully the order will be placed on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

Dirtyd0g
01-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Anyone needing a 4r70w yoke on a AOD transmission please post or message me, it seems a couple people said they wanted to go that route, however I am missing it in my notes. I have a couple runs to make and then I am going to call everyone who has an aod to check this.
Alan

Dirtyd0g
01-23-2010, 11:58 PM
For those reading this Group purchase is now closed. The order has been sent to dynotech. They informed me they would need to order parts to get this done so we could be looking at 2-3 weeks before all are completed.
For those who may get the need I will be a dealer for dynotech at this point. Obviously I cannot sell them at this price because it took an order of 10 to get this price(and I had to talk them down a bit as well). As with everything else I do I will be fair so if you get the need feel free to call or email me.
A big thanks To SCCoA and everyone involved, enjoy.
Alan

kenewagner
02-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Can you give us an update? I have not seen my drive shaft come in yet. It is holding me up from getting going on the new engine

Ken

Jim Cook
02-10-2010, 12:29 PM
FedEx delivered mine about 45 minutes ago. Haven't opened the box yet. That will have to wait until I'm done clearing the snow outside

Dirtyd0g
02-10-2010, 09:23 PM
I don't have updates on a case by case basis but I can tell you shafts are shipping out. I know 2 peoples for sure have shipped, Jim got his and I got a tracking number today for a person who needed it for overseas transport.
Alan

kenewagner
02-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Just arrived, Looks Cool. Time to start putting everything together:D:D

Ken

Mike8675309
02-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Had a box at home when I stopped for lunch. I'll take it out of the box this weekend. Thanks to Alan for getting this run through.

Mike8675309
02-11-2010, 08:14 PM
As typical, the thread is pointless without pics. Here they are. When you get the driveshaft, make sure you inspect it for any damage right away. They won't listen to you 3 months from now if you try claiming it showed up with a dent.

http://media.motortopia.com/files/cars/album_2010_work/4b749af895c45/tn_full_DSCF3353JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg (http://www.motortopia.com/photos/491869)
http://media.motortopia.com/files/cars/album_2010_work/4b749ae600f54/tn_full_DSCF3351JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg (http://www.motortopia.com/photos/491867)
http://media.motortopia.com/files/cars/album_2010_work/4b749af04d61d/tn_full_DSCF3352JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg (http://www.motortopia.com/photos/491868)
http://media.motortopia.com/files/cars/album_2010_work/4b749b040437b/tn_full_DSCF3354JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg (http://www.motortopia.com/photos/491870)

kenewagner
02-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Just as a point of interest. I weighed the two drive shafts for a comparrision and found the stock one to weigh 24 lbs complete and the alum to weigh 18 lbs:D.

Ken