Passenger side mirror removal ?

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
I'm trying to replace the passenger side mirror on 93 Sc and I can't reach the wiring connection to unplug it (down inside door). I assume I'll need to remove the inner door panel to reach the wiring connection, but I can seem to get the thing to come off. I removed the small piece of trim that was held on with a screw up next to the mirror access panel, but when I tried prying the inner panel lose it just kept snapping back in position. I stopped to avoid breaking it.

Is there a trick to removing the door panel like starting at the bottom, or do I just need to pry on it harder ?

David

Take out the screw near the light in the lower corner .. and the bolt that holds the panel to the door near the handle after you remove the trim piece.

- Dan

need to take the switches out, and get to the boltaround the handle, and get the screw at the bottom of the panel on the latch side . then push straight up on the panel

I go thru the speaker hole and the hole that is in the upper area of the door, covered by a plastic piece that is approx. 3" ~ 4" triangle shape.

Once you get that cover off that you're mentioning - the mirror is held on by 3 10mm bolts. You can get the connection off thru that whole - to reattach it might help to remove the door panel.

-Tim

With the info that Ddubb and Kevin posted about how the panel is removed, it was pretty easy. After taking off the door panel I also had to remove a speaker to be able to reach the wiring connection for the mirror. Once I knew how to do it, the entire swap process only took about 20 minutes.

Thanks again, David

Back