Help with Creaking Noise!

micah_jones

I have a weird creaking noise coming from the back of my 90 SC. It sounds like a bunch of turkeys gobbling back there lol. What could this be? Something that has to do with the suspension?

Have you checked out all the bushings in the rear? Does it feel loose or sloppy in the back? If you're having a hard time pinpointing it, put someone in the trunk and have them listen for it. :D Or you could remove the seat, I guess.

I really dont even know how to go about pinpointing it. I guess I could ride in the back while someone else drives and listen more closely. I havent checked anything on the car yet. My stepdads friend will be doing that for me.

I really dont even know how to go about pinpointing it. I guess I could ride in the back while someone else drives and listen more closely. I havent checked anything on the car yet. My stepdads friend will be doing that for me.

Look at the rods that help spring up the rear trunk lid....mine did that and were lightly rubbing on the metal bracketry

Anyone else have something I should check? I am going out to check these couple things for now. Thanks to everyone who has helped so far.

Wheel bearings? CV Joints? Rotted bushings?

You can check all these things with either a look or a grab & shake test.

Back