Vibration while decelerating

None2Slow

I have a 92 auto. While excelerating, it has a very slight vibration and when I let off at around 60+ it vibrates horribly. Its a little twitchy on the freeway and I believe it needs ball joints top and bottom, but the vibrations seem to be more from the backend. Just looking for ideas of where to start looking.

Is this decelerating while coasting, or whenever you're on the brakes? The rotors could be warped.

An update to the problem. I figured that if the problem was in the frontend, I would feel it in the steering wheel, correct? This was more of a vibration throughout the car. I figured I would start with the driveline and see if the u joints were bad. I jacked up the rear of the car and put stands under it. As I went to get up, I grabbed the driver side wheel. It felt funny. I grabbed it with both hands and it felt wobbly. I took the center cap off and wiggled it again. It definatly was loose. I then looked at the end of the axle stub that is in the center off the rotor and it was also moving. I put a 36mm socket on the nut and I was able to turn it. Can't remember how much, but I know that I shouldn't be able to without some effort. I am going to now replace both rear wheel bearings. Even after tightening it up, it still has a slight wobble and I know that it can't be good running loose. Or it was loose because it is bad, but either way, better fix them both. Now where to find directions to do it.

Back