PDA

View Full Version : 351 is IN

seawalkersee
10-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Well...I got all pissed at the rain and though..."If I get the red car outta the garage, I can put the bronco in and fix the leaks", cause welding in the rain can be bad.

So with the help of my 3 year old, I got it in. Now...here is the thing. The pan hits the rack. No problem, I flipped over the mount plates and now it is golden. I am going to measure it to be sure I can get away by building the 3" cowell. LOOKS like it should clear but who knows. I am still missing 3 front cover bolts, the drain plug, dipstick and a few other assorted things that may come in "HANDY" for this. Regardless, I am happy I have that much less crap takin up space...Oh, and its closer to running.

SWS

TSC89
10-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Alright Chris. Motor in = more work space = Good Thing.

seawalkersee
10-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Well...with the way the rain has been, I can not get to the body on the Bronco. I figured I would throw the engine and trans in the car and see if I can at least get it out of the garage and shove the bronco in there. At least that way, I can fix the body on it so the new carpet will not rot.

I will get some pix later today.

SWS

Nettlesd
10-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Why don't you schedule some sort of mini-meet at your house to do some work? Or, as Casey says, DO SOME WORK SON! All you have to do is provide lunch, dinner or both.

seawalkersee
10-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Well...Not really sure what anyone else could do. I have to put the bags in it. Figure out what rear I am going to run...and put it in. Wire up the compressor to the amp switch. Pull the radio wiring and the speakers. I was going to rebuild the spare trans, but Im not sure I will have the time to do it yet. I think I will probably pull the syncro's out of the 93 from 4th and 5th and put them in the 89 that is on the shelf. I have to mock it up and see if the engine is too high as it sits.

SWS

eli66048
10-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Gonna be 1 bad mo' fo'. Keep it going Chris!
(I say that because I haven't been doing that)

seawalkersee
10-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Gonna slap the trans in tomorrow so I can be sure the engine placement is correct. I think I am going to have to either mod the pan or the mounts. I don't want to, but I think I hafta.

SWS

95badbird
11-05-2009, 05:48 PM
good to hear :)