Engine Rebuild on 94 SC

drummerduker

Hello all! I am a new member here and have just recently purchased a 94 Tbird SC! The car has 18x,xxx miles on it and I purchased it for $1100! Anyway, the car has some issues (I would love to talk with someone in the Eureka/St Louis area who owns one of these things!!) and I'm concerned about he heads on the car. If the heads are blown I'd like to go with a total engine overhaul. I would be using the stock crank, forged H-beam rods w/arp hardware, and speed pro hyp. pistons. For the Heads I'm wanting to get stage I-II with bigger valves and a Comp Cams Xtreme Energy Stage I Cam. Its not an extravagant build but it would certainly be way better than stock and a decent foundation for some bolt-on fun! :D

My Question for all of you is, who is the best to go with when having your engine rebuilt? Morana has some pretty decent prices but I'd really like to find someone closer to St. Louis to do the work. I could go down to D.S.S. in Illinois but I'm not sure if they do these motors plus I'm not sure if they can port these heads. Also, who can do the tune after the work has been done? Any advice?

BTW Car is automatic is it an AOD or 4R70W?

tbird.jpg

tbirdinterior.jpg

There are a couple people near you. Talk to David Neibert, Kurt Kreisz, or Chris Wise. They are in the St Louis/St Charles area.

Ken

4r70w

Thats what I thought but I just had to be sure. I have a 98 Mustang GT with a 4R70W and that vehicle only has 69k miles on it. I am putting a 5-spd into that car so I was also wondering if I could use the lower mileage trans in my 94 Tbird SC as well, is it a fairly simple swap? What about a torque convertor? keep the stock one from my 94 or just replace/upgrade to a new one? If so, what kind of convertor? Thanks again for the help!

speed pro hyp. pistons

Look in the group by thread. You can order OEM replacement Weisco forged pistons. They are a little more expensive but are near OEM weight so it will save you in balancing costs. (thread started by XR7 Dave)

Comp Cams Xtreme Energy Stage I Cam. Its not an extravagant build but it would certainly be way better than stock

Your parts list is very extravagant if you were to mate it to a stage I cam, OEM parts are more than enough to cover any additional hp that cam can make, Think bigger. ;)

If your looking for people to talk to in the st louis area then the people above plus Rod (racecougar).

Engine building....XR7 Dave

Tuning.............Fturner, XR7 Dave

Transmission parts or rebuild........DirtyD0g

Just my suggestions, there are other people out there as well.

Wow I really appreciate the advice! I'll def have to contact some of the local members near me as well as XR7Dave and DirtyD0g for some tuning and transmission help! Thanks again guys!

Back