clutch pedal is a limp biskit

LukewarmSteak

so driving to a job a few minutes ago - stopped at a stop sign - merged into traffic, about to shift into second gear, when i put my clutch in, and halfway thru my clutch - it POPPED and went to the floor...

it's not the first time this has happened to me - so i managed to drive the car back home in first and second gear with out the clutch (obviously matching my rpms) it's in my driveway so i looked under the car... and to my dismay... leaking from the slave cylinder... ~~~ this is not cool... to fix my ~~~~ car i'm going to have to drop the tranny again...

and guess who's still laid off work waiting for EI...
i have nothing but swearing to do...

Last edited by a moderator:
hey this had happened to me also once, the petal dropped and went floppy, turns out that the hydrolic line to the clutch had corroted almost completely thru and when it got tension after not being driven for a few it snapped, i didnt fix it myself but it was cheap and didnt give my mechanic any hastle

popped..Did the rod come off....That happened to me then put itself back on all by itself...

Also...WHen my master went bad.....it leaked fluid to my slave...And it appeared as thouh the slave was bad. Double check

this exact scenario happened to me last year - the case was that the slave cylinder had failed at the fitting

it has a brand new master cylinder so i doubt that's the problem - so it's either just the hydraulic line that popped off, or it's brand new cylinder that i put in last year... either way i'm taking it in this time... i don't have the time/money to do it myself... so i'd rather just spend money that time and money on this one...

but seriously... this friggen car is a nightmare... i'm almost to the point where i have to sell it...

If the hydraulic line comes out of the slave cylinder the pedal will lock up and you will not be able to push it in. If it is limp, either the rod on the pedal popped off or one of the cylinders has failed and there is no more fluid in the line or cylinders.

i guess that is true, now that i recall, when my hydrolic line snapped my petal went straight to the floor and stayed there, hard, because i tryed to bring it back up with my foot to see if i could make a shift,,, i guess i thought that it was moving a little but that was also like 5 years ago

Would go with a popped slave. Look at the bottom of the bellhousing and see if you have clutch (brake) fluid dripping/present.
Good luck.
MikeH

Back