can you make a custom inlet?

92sclikenew

is anyone on here that can make a custom inlet plenum for the m90 that would be alot cheaper then the mp inlet but will perform just as good?

or is the high priced mp inlet the only choice we have?

You can make one, but I would be surprised if someone would do it for a lot cheaper than what they sell for. You can typically pick them up used for a fair price.

I made one years ago, because I didn't want to dish out the cash for a MP one. I think it came out good, but I don't have any comparison numbers. I just did it for something to make...

Here is something to give you an idea... It changed shapes a few times, but the final design was when it was painted and assembled. It also has added material so that it can be bored out to accept an 85mm TB.

inlet.bmp
inlet4.bmp
inlet5.bmp

inlet6.bmp
inlet7.bmp

It can be done, you just need to find someone willing to make one for the right price. (not me)

Last edited:
I used bubble gum to hold mine together...

on a serious note, it's as Dammon said, aluminum and I tig welded it. My mig welder does aluminum too, and it is possible to mig it, but I find it easier to tig weld most things.

Unless you can do it yourself..It will be cost prohibited it seems

Damon is correct that it is not cost effective unless you are doing it for yourself. A fixture could be built to fabricate them but the time to build, fit and finish even multiple ones would be as expensive as the cast ones. Thats if your doing it right and not sloppy.

Ken

I have a Tig welder and I could make one. I wouldn't expect it to work any better than an MP. It wouldn't be a as nice looking as an MP and if I were making it for someone else, I would charge more than what an MP costs.

I have a Tig welder and I could make one. I wouldn't expect it to work any better than an MP. It wouldn't be a as nice looking as an MP and if I were making it for someone else, I would charge more than what an MP costs.

Coming from the guy who fabricated his own MPx and MPx lnlet.

yes there is a guy that could help u .. but he stoped making them due to fam problem.. hes a good dude i had him make me mine then i sold it.. do the search and u will see the pics i posted .. mannysc did mine

Manny was a good guy from the short time he helped me out.. to bad he couldn't be around anymore to help us out.

other then that i could make my own but didn't think about it:rolleyes:

possibly have pics of the Manny unit?

Flex has been dabbling with these too...

I have an inlet that I am supposed to test for him but I keep putting it off because of various distractions. :eek:

It looks awesome, though. It's fabricated out of a stock oval-port inlet, but reshaped to keep a constant 75mm cross-section. You might contact him if you are interested.

Nice job!!!!

You can make one, but I would be surprised if someone would do it for a lot cheaper than what they sell for. You can typically pick them up used for a fair price.

I made one years ago, because I didn't want to dish out the cash for a MP one. I think it came out good, but I don't have any comparison numbers. I just did it for something to make...

Here is something to give you an idea... It changed shapes a few times, but the final design was when it was painted and assembled. It also has added material so that it can be bored out to accept an 85mm TB.

inlet.bmp
inlet4.bmp
inlet5.bmp

inlet6.bmp
inlet7.bmp

It can be done, you just need to find someone willing to make one for the right price. (not me)

Just wanted to say you did a great job making that Inlet Plenum bigger!!!!!

Tom

Last edited:
if you need a cheaper one then get your older one replaced. thats better. else i wished i could help you out. but too far from your place. i guess

You did do a really nice job there...
why did you have to change shapes from your original design? and how did you eliminate your weld through? die grinder??
and one more thing - can you indeed weld cast aluminum with mig??
i thought it had to be tig welded because it was cast... is there a very special wire i don't know about when mig welding cast aluminum? or does regular old aluminum wire work?

Back