A couple SC Fluid questions

scsc

I bought a 95SC, 5sp a few months ago, my third, but I've been out of the SC game about 12 years. Any way I was checking the SC fluid last night, and it was under quiet a bit of pressure, blew all over the engine bay. Engine was cool, sat about 6 hrs after a 30 minute drive in stop and go traffic. Is this normal? I don't remember my other SC's doing that. Also it had a terrible smell, not burned smell, but a heavy latex smell.

The smell is normal but it may have been overvilled if there was that much pressure after sitting for so long.

When completely cold the fluid should be covering the bottom of the plug.

Any way I was checking the SC fluid last night, and it was under quiet a bit of pressure, blew all over the engine bay. Engine was cool, sat about 6 hrs after a 30 minute drive in stop and go traffic. Is this normal?

I took a SC fluid shower after it sat over 24 hours, but I don't know it is supposed to be normal.

If it's got that much pressure after sitting so long, then it's not from thermal expansion. It must be from leaky rotor seals at the front of the rotor pack. Boosted air is getting in, but it can't get out. You will need a new or rebuilt rotor pack to fix that. (If it is a big enough problem to need fixing.)

Also it had a terrible smell

That's SC fluid for sure.
I drained some into a container and let it sit out. Next time I saw it there were flies buzzing around it.

Back