89-93 blower HP

rapper33142

How much HP can u get out of a 89-93 blower. Can I make 300 HP with it. and if I can't make 300 HP what is the max HP you can make with the 89-93 blower thanks

Last edited:
How much HP can u get out of a 89-93 blower. Can I make 300 HP with it. and if I can't make 300 HP what is the max HP you can make with the 89-93 blower thanks

The highest hp I've seen from a 89-93 was 290 on a 5-speed car. I believe 300 is possible, but you'll need the perfect combination of a lot of performance parts to do it.

The highest hp I've seen from a 89-93 was 290 on a 5-speed car. I believe 300 is possible, but you'll need the perfect combination of a lot of performance parts to do it.

Mike,

Are you talking about a ported early style, or an MPII/MPIII that is made from an early style ? I made 316 rwhp with a non locking AOD using an ESM ported early style. See this thread.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=75471&postcount=1

David

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure he's talking about an 89-93 ported to the max.

There was just a thread on here that said very few ppl have hit 300 rwhp with an 89-93 but it's possible.

Last edited:
Mike,
I made 316 rwhp with a non locking AOD using an ESM ported early style. See this thread.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=75471&postcount=1

David

Dave,

Have you ever shared any pictures of that porting?
1011091238-00.jpg

paul

Last edited:
JR just go MPX. You Know you will want more. There is currently a thread on here with a guy who is selling alot of the support mods you will need. If you want 300hp.

Also Dave D has posted on here a number of build-ups that should give you what you want on a stock block.

Your block and car is unmolested right now. If I were you I would sit down and map out a plan. More HP always means more $ and some parts will give you more value than others.

Example: My plan for the 5-speed Anny

Double IC (Maybe w/fan)
42lb injectors (Off my other Anny)
73 mm MAF
Largest TB I can find at a decent price
S-port (Off my other Anny)
Tune

I don't have any particular HP range or quarter mile time in mind. I just know I like my SC's to have some UMPH while driving.

My other SC still isn't close to being ready :eek: Lots of sanding still.

I will see you at the car show.

Attachments

• brakes 014.JPG
    brakes 014.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 134
  • brakes 029.JPG
    brakes 029.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 136
  • brakes 026.JPG
    brakes 026.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 118
I made 286rwhp on the wife's car using an early model blower and stock heads. Can't imagine 300rwhp would be too difficult but the problem is the stock inlet only supports about 600cfm so that will be your limiting factor.

I made 286rwhp on the wife's car using an early model blower and stock heads. Can't imagine 300rwhp would be too difficult but the problem is the stock inlet only supports about 600cfm so that will be your limiting factor.

can u tell me what was done to the car to get that HP please

JR just go MPX. You Know you will want more. There is currently a thread on here with a guy who is selling alot of the support mods you will need. If you want 300hp.

Also Dave D has posted on here a number of build-ups that should give you what you want on a stock block.

Your block and car is unmolested right now. If I were you I would sit down and map out a plan. More HP always means more $ and some parts will give you more value than others.

Double IC (Maybe w/fan)
73 mm MAF
Tune

I don't have any particular HP range or quarter mile time in mind. I just know I like my SC's to have some UMPH while driving.

My other SC still isn't close to being ready :eek: Lots of sanding still.

I will see you at the car show.

I am so glad i did not go with those wheels otherwise we would have two idential cars. :D Nice wheels.................You gotta tell me what you are doing so we dont do the same mods. LOL

I'm going for a Wings West 96-97 front with some slight modifications to it and I really want the hood cut for the dual heat extractor look. I'm not good with fiberglass but I may have found someone who can do a custom job for me.

I have thought of a custom front using the stock 96-97 as a base.

As for HP mods. Just keeping it simple until something AR like comes along. That day you scored the AR I was kicking myself.

With the talk of a possible new intake who knows what I might do.

I'm going for a Wings West 96-97 front with some slight modifications to it and I really want the hood cut for the dual heat extractor look. I'm not good with fiberglass but I may have found someone who can do a custom job for me.

I have thought of a custom front using the stock 96-97 as a base.

As for HP mods. Just keeping it simple until something AR like comes along. That day you scored the AR I was kicking myself.

With the talk of a possible new intake who knows what I might do.

Cool. Im gonna go 94-95 bumper so you are in the clear. I could do a xenon 96-97 since i still have it in the basement from back in the day, but i dont see how to make it look right with the titanium color at the bottom. Good stuff.
I face with the decision of painting the whole car and leave side mouldings or not. Also painting the rear bumper trim gloss black. I dont know what to do.
I dont personally like the nostrils on that style hood I think it would look bettter without them. I would do some other accent working with fiberglass is not that hard but takes time and lots of sanding had a whole winter to work on mine and i almost gave up near the end. I had the body shop smooth out my imperfections and looks good now. Good luck.

Sorry for the hijack. LOL

Are you going to tell the details of that setup? :)

Stock motor (heads, etc.) but mild cam (sound and drives like stock). UD pulleys. Spearco intercooler. 2.25" exhaust. That's about it. Makes about 14psi.

Stock motor (heads, etc.) but mild cam (sound and drives like stock). UD pulleys. Spearco intercooler. 2.25" exhaust. That's about it. Makes about 14psi.
Thanks for the quick reply.
I was expecting you to say you had bigger injectors tb bigplenum tune and such...
This means my estimate of 250whp might be conservative?
10% sc pulley/2x2.25">3">stock split to stock mufflers.
Ported everything. Water to air IC.

Last edited:

Double IC (Maybe w/fan)
73 mm MAF
Tune

QUOTE]

intercooler maf injectors arent going to give you any more power

sc tune and tb should net you about 20rwhp at best

Back