Built 4R70W **SOLD**

backtobirds

I am wanting to do the 5-speed conversion and will have my 4r70w available. I have too much into the trans for it to just be a paperweight, so I will only do this if someone wants to give it a good home. It is a 95 model year transmission, rebuilt to the specs in Jerry's rebuild guide. That means extra clutches in the drums, 4r75w truck intermediate shaft, the 8-clutch direct drum from SCP, all new electronics, high-pressure valve, and whetever else is in Jerry's guide that I am forgetting. I used the TCI heavy-duty rebuild kit for the soft parts. It also has the J-Mod 450 hp level seperator plate modifications and accumulators.

The transmission has 1800 miles on it since the rebuild, and no drag strip passes. It has made a couple dyno pulls to 380 rwtq with a conservative tune. I used Royal Purple synthetic Mercon fluid in it, with an auxiliary stacked-plate type cooler with fan run off a 180 degree on/165 off thermostat.

I am asking $700 for the transmission, that will about cover what I have into it in parts and labor for the rebuild. If anyone is seriously interested, I am somewhat flexible on the price or open to trade. Since I will have no use for the cooler on a manual, I will include that as well.

If interested, PM me or send me an email at jmott9@gmail.com.

Last edited:
I also put in the late model mechanical diode. Forgot about that.

The transmission is spoken for pending payment. I will update in a few days with the final answer.

Back