Cross Tower Brace Interferece

Belisarius

With the new motor mounts in the car the cross tower brace I installed now interferes with the raised top nut. Just barely. I have two options. Remove the nut and install a short silicone tube and hose clamps, or dent and reinforce the bar. The bar isn't that strong to begin with so while I'm having it reinforced behind the dent, I could have some reinforcing plates welded over the bends.

What does everyone think?

Also, is there anywhere the bar can be attached to the firewall? That would help considerably.

With the new motor mounts in the car the cross tower brace I installed now interferes with the raised top nut. Just barely. I have two options. Remove the nut and install a short silicone tube and hose clamps, or dent and reinforce the bar. The bar isn't that strong to begin with so while I'm having it reinforced behind the dent, I could have some reinforcing plates welded over the bends.

What does everyone think?

Also, is there anywhere the bar can be attached to the firewall? That would help considerably.

The brace is not that big a help since they tend to have big bends in them. If they were attached to the firewall as you have already thought of, they would be more of a functional working brace. Welding plates over the bends might strengthen that spot but not very pretty visually wise. Why not take a few pictures of the problem piece and than we could offer a solution based on what we see. Just a thought

Ken

Back