90mm MAF sure can suck plenty of air

SilverCasket

I just purchased a 90mm MAF from Ford that is used on their 2001+ lightning. I am going to install it on my 92 SC. The plugs do not match up. Does anyone know if there is some sort of adapter I can use to make this work?

Also, does anyone know what kind of difference this will make with a 85mm TB, MP Plenum & MPII SC w/raised top, 42lb injectors and 255 fuel pump.

Thanks,
Anthony

you will need a computer chip to run that MAF, it has a different transfer function. If you don't have one, I can burn and sell you a chip.

There is also a harness adaptor, I can get you the part number later tonight. You should see some gains from that MAF, although it is quite big. Chris Spanel has one on the 303RWHP post below this one.

Brian
bjherron@telocity.com

ATTN MARKVlll

The chip thing...Can you burn me a chip to match up my MOD's???Tempsettings for the FAN and all dat?

I wanna go to #36 Inj, and bigger Fuel Pump...After this would be the best time to do the chip...????

thanx

Silver casket....

Those mods you listed are great, although you may want to consider doing some agressive head and cam work to get your improvments, then go to your list, or the other way around...Does not really matter, but head and cam work are hard to beat in the dyno and the check book....

Cheers

I hear ya cudaz.. I figure I would work my damndest the blow the current motor out before I replace with a motor by Fred or Coy. Those will have the head and cam done already..

Also, I think 93 Mark VIII can burn a chip to match your modz. I am looking into it for myself as well. The chip will do fan settings w/ temp as well. But I think it is best to have a chip burned during a dyno to get the car perfect.

Brian, I have 5 guys currently who would be willing to get you out here to dyno/burn on site. Let you know when we get more.

Brian & Ed, thanks for the info on the part# for that adapter... One more question on that. Will that adapter plug into my current plug on one side and into the MAFS on the other side? Is that how that works? Or do I have to do some cutting and splicing?

Thanks

SilverCasket said:
Will that adapter plug into my current plug on one side and into the MAFS on the other side? Is that how that works? Or do I have to do some cutting and splicing?

Thanks

Yup, you'll need to spice it in to the harness on the car ... the new MAF connector looks like it could have 6 wires in it, but the F68Z connector just has 4 wires to hook up like the old MAF.

cheers
Ed N.

Thanks for the update Ed. I'll keep everyone posted. I am installing it today. It is the MAF & Injectors from the 2001+ lightning.

If I have stock 92 auto gears in it now and want to upgrade to 3.73. Should I get a chip burned after I get the gears in or does that not matter to the tuning of the car?

Thanks

300+

The adapter is a perfect fit for anyone thinking about the 90mm. And this thing will suck your face off if you let it.

I think I may have some problems hooking it up to the K&N Cone. It seems to have a bolt pattern on the side the Filter goes on. Which leads me to believe I need an adapter of some sort in order to hook the filter upto. Anyone know who has done this conversion and can post a pic of what it should look like.

Also, Still looking for a tuner in the New York/New Jersey/Penn. area. Someone who I can take to a dyno and get this puppy tuned right. Should place over 300 to the wheels easily after tuning. We will see though.

Thanks.

Back