I may be buying a 94 SC 5spd.... a few Q's?

sc steve

I just got back from test driving it a min. ago. Do all the clutches on these feel wierd? It has a VERY springy kind of feel, I just couldn't get used to it! Other than that, when I let the clutch out in 1st 2nd and 3rd I heard a popping/clunking sound coming from the tranny but in 4th it shifted very smooth... you guys think it could be tranny mounts? Oh yeah, is it normal to get alot of vibration through the shifter? Like I said the car is a 94 SC 5spd. with 80,000 miles.... is there anything else I should look over before buying it? And is 5 grand a good price?

thanks guys
-Steve:cool:

Maybe too much...

5K may be too much...If you are serious about buying it...Is it a dealer or Private sale?

Regardless get the thing up on a lift and start lookin' around closely...I have a 5-spd, and other than being a little notchy it is smooth in my opinion...And my clutch is the origional with 97K on it, not showing ANY age as far as I can tell...It may have been beatin' up pretty bad and needs some attention to the drive train, but this is no reason to look elsewhere if the rest of the car is in great shape...

Run codes, get the tranny looked at, and take a good mechanic on a ride with you...

Go to the new owners link, there you will find ALOT of info on these cars...

I would offer the guy 4K if the tranny does need work...And that is if it runs a clean code scan test...Find out if the head gaskets have been done yet....It is a recall by FORD on the 94 & 95's...I would be looking for those signs as well...This car could be going off the deep end, then again it could be fresh...Check close...

Cheers

Re: Maybe too much...

cudaz101 said:
5K may be too much...If you are serious about buying it...Is it a dealer or Private sale?

Regardless get the thing up on a lift and start lookin' around closely...I have a 5-spd, and other than being a little notchy it is smooth in my opinion...And my clutch is the origional with 97K on it, not showing ANY age as far as I can tell...It may have been beatin' up pretty bad and needs some attention to the drive train, but this is no reason to look elsewhere if the rest of the car is in great shape...

Run codes, get the tranny looked at, and take a good mechanic on a ride with you...

Go to the new owners link, there you will find ALOT of info on these cars...

I would offer the guy 4K if the tranny does need work...And that is if it runs a clean code scan test...Find out if the head gaskets have been done yet....It is a recall by FORD on the 94 & 95's...I would be looking for those signs as well...This car could be going off the deep end, then again it could be fresh...Check close...

Cheers

well, it is at a dealership and the rest of the car is pretty solid. There is absolutly no rust on it and the paint is still very shiney. The leather is a little worn/dirty on the drivers side but that isnt too big of a deal to me. There are dome tweeters mounted into the doors which I dont care for, so that may be an extra barganing chip (holes were drilled). The ashtray is missing along with a few other little thing in the counsole.... I imagine the guy that owned it before had a system in it and used those holes for switches and what not. The engine was clean, but it did make a little noise low in the rpm range... so I will have to take a closer look at that. I think the thing has been sitting for a while and that may be why it feels a little funny. When I bought my 89 is sat for over a year and I drove it and it felt a little strange. So I took it on a longer ride and everything started to smooth out.... anywho, I am going to call them today and see if I can make an appointment to take it to my mechanic so he can take a good look at it. Thanks guys

-Steve

Back